Friday, February 25, 2011

Shalom,


Psalm 56 could have just as easily, and accurately, been written today! With everything that is going on all over the world, including the United States, believers really need to be grounded in the Word of God! These are truly like the times that Luke is referring to in Luke 21:26:


26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

Christians have always suffered persecution in many parts of the world, but now we are seeing it more and more right here at home! What does the psalmist say when faced with such things? Psalm 56:3-4:



3 What time I am afraid, I will have confidence in and put my trust and reliance in You. 
4 By [the help of] God I will praise His word; on God I lean, rely, and confidently put my trust; I will not fear. What can man, who is flesh, do to me? 

"What time I am afraid" means whenever the opportunity presents itself to operate in fear and worry, I will NOT give in to it! I will remember 2 Timothy 1:7:


7 For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control

Psalm 56:11 repeats the confidence in God:

11 In God have I put my trust and confident reliance; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? 

Where does this confidence come from? Verse 9:



9 Then shall my enemies turn back in the day that I cry out; this I know, for God is for me. 


Romans 8:31 says the same thing:


31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

So don't ever let fear steal from you again! If God is FOR you, and He IS, it doesn't do ANYONE any good to be against you!  Keep that before your eyes and then ask yourself this: I KNOW that God is for me, but am I for Him? Find out what God wants done, and HOW He wants it done, and then DO things HIS way! That brings great confidence! AMEN!

Here is a blast from the past with the Bold Song from The Gospel Bill Show!


Power, love and a sound and well-balanced mind! God's gifts to YOU, now put them into practice! 

Shalom in Him!