Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Shalom,


Psalm 54 is a psalm of David when King Saul was after him. Verse 3 says this:


3 For strangers and insolent men are rising up against me, and violent men and ruthless ones seek and demand my life; they do not set God before them. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]! 

THAT is what  the world is looking like right now! Christians are enduring persecution all over the world, including the USA!  The GOOD news is found in verses 4-7:

4 Behold, God is my helper and ally; the Lord is my upholder and is with them who uphold my life.5 He will pay back evil to my enemies; in Your faithfulness [Lord] put an end to them. 6 With a freewill offering I will sacrifice to You; I will give thanks and praise Your name, O Lord, for it is good. 7 For He has delivered me out of every trouble, and my eye has looked [in triumph] on my enemies. 

Protection, provision and safety are promised to the believer  in Jesus of Nazareth IF we operate in faith based on the promises in the Word of God! Stay filled with the Word, filled with the Holy Spirit and filled with joy! Then stand and SEE the salvation of YOUR God! AMEN!


In Exodus we read about the battle with the Amalekites and how Aaron and Hur helped Moses  hold his hands up. We also read about  Moses getting water from a rock and how the people murmured against Moses at every hint of a problem! I would love to see the video of all of this some day! But for now, you can always watch the movie "The Ten Commandments" with Charlton Heston as Moses. It isn't entirely accurate, but it does give a sense of the magnitude of all that God did! I highly recommend it! Here is a trailer:



See it soon!

Shalom in Him!