Friday, February 18, 2011

Shalom,


Psalm 47 has some insight for those who are tempted to envy the wealth and riches of the unbeliever. Verses 1-9:

1 HEAR THIS, all you peoples; give ear, all you inhabitants of the world, 
2 Both low and high, rich and poor together: 
3 My mouth shall speak wisdom; and the meditation of my heart shall be understanding. 
4 I will submit and consent to a parable or proverb; to the music of a lyre I will unfold my riddle (my problem). 
5 Why should I fear in the days of evil, when the iniquity of those who would supplant me surrounds me on every side, 
6 Even of those who trust in and lean on their wealth and boast of the abundance of their riches? 
7 None of them can by any means redeem [either himself or] his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him —  
8 For the ransom of a life is too costly, and [the price one can pay] can never suffice —  
9 So that he should live on forever and never see the pit (the grave) and corruption.

What IS the price that MUST be paid to redeem a life? It is the LIFE of a sinless God/Man! Someone Who is 100% God AND 100% Man. I only know of ONE such person. His Name is Jesus of Nazareth! He IS the Christ, the Messiah, the Anointed One! Being a born again believer puts you IMMEDIATELY into the Kingdom of God, right here on earth! All of the resources of Heaven are at our disposal! We need to find out in the Word of God just how to appropriate the promises and walk in the Blessing! AMEN!

In Exodus today we read about the first of the plagues that God sent over Egypt because they would not let God's people go!  Blood instead of water, frogs, gnats and blood-sucking gadflies! God chose many of the things that the Egyptians worshiped to plague them with so that they would realize that these were NOT God, but that HE was and is the One, True, Most High, Living, Almighty God! Here is a picture of an Egyptian frog and one of an idol from ancient Egypt:



Would YOU like those things in your house, your clothes, your food, your water, literally EVERYWHERE? I didn't think so! But what was Pharaoh's answer when Moses asked him WHEN he wanted Moses to speak to the LORD to get rid of the frogs? Exodus 8:8-10 (The Message Bible):

8 Pharaoh called in Moses and Aaron and said, "Pray to God to rid us of these frogs. I'll release the people so that they can make their sacrifices and worship God."

9 Moses said to Pharaoh, "Certainly. Set the time. When do you want the frogs out of here, away from your servants and people and out of your houses? You'll be rid of frogs except for those in the Nile." 

10 "Make it tomorrow."

That is most definitely NOT the answer I would give or, I think, that Moses was expecting!  Isn't meditating the Word of God fun and interesting! I learn so much more from the Word when I do that! I hope you do, too!

Shalom in Him!