Saturday, February 12, 2011

Shalom,


Psalm 43:3-4:


3 O send out Your light and Your truth, let them lead me; let them bring me to Your holy hill and to Your dwelling. 
4 Then will I go to the altar of God, to God, my exceeding joy; yes, with the lyre will I praise You, O God, my God! 

The psalmist here is calling on the LORD for deliverance . Then he speaks of praise and worship to God for Who He is and what He will do! He says that he will praise Him with the lyre. The Temple Institute in Israel has reconstructed what they believe to be the harp, or lyre of Kind David. Follow the link below to see a picture of the replica they have made:


King David's Lyre

It is so exciting to actually see and experience the things found in the Bible! It makes the Bible come alive even more! Here is a video clip of someone playing some ancient Hebrew songs on a lyre:




I LOVE the WORD! How about YOU?


Shalom in Him!