Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Shalom,


Acts 18:1:


1 AFTER THIS [Paul] departed from Athens and went to Corinth. 

This was Paul's second missionary journey! I found a very interesting site that covers this journey of Paul's and uses maps and photos of discovered ruins to explain the natural part of this trip:


Psalm 46:10 says this:

10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

I always find it funny that some believers can be so adamant about "being still" because of this one verse, when there are SO very many verses in the Bible that say to SHOUT, to make a joyful NOISE, to sing ALOUD, and other equally "noisy" commands! It is vitally important to spend SOME time "being still" (and listening!). It is EQUALLY vital to spend time shouting, singing, dancing, proclaiming, praising (in a clamorously foolish sort of way!) our wonderful LORD! Do BOTH, and do them with your WHOLE heart! AMEN!

Shalom in Him!