Thursday, April 14, 2016

Shalom,

I saw this today on the site of Oswald Chambers' "My Utmost For His Highest" and I wanted to share it with you:

Am I getting nobler, better, more helpful, more humble, as I get older? Am I exhibiting the life that men take knowledge of as having been with Jesus, or am I getting more self-assertive, more deliberately determined to have my own way? It is a great thing to tell yourself the truth.

AS we grow up in the things of God, we can become so used to recognizing the negative report of the enemy and rejecting and replacing with Godly thoughts from His Word, that we develop a habit of rejecting ANYTHING that even sounds a little hard! Sometimes, however, it is NOT the enemy who brings the questions, such as those above, but Holy Spirit Himself! It is a GOOD thing to stop and take account of ourselves often! Do I spend enough time actually reading and meditating on the Word that I KNOW to keep faith in that Word growing and getting stronger? Am I taking advantage of every opportunity to share the Gospel and to pray for others? Am I doing enough to support my Pastor and our ministry partners? Do I remember every day to thank and praise JESUS for every good thing in my life? Am I sharing the good reports so that the faith of others can be strengthened? Now if and when you find that there is need for improvement, refuse condemnation! THAT is NOT from God! Simply recognize the need for an adjustment and then make it! Receive His forgiveness that is continually available to you and make the decision to become stronger and more sensitive to Holy Spirit's voice! There is not one of us who has arrived at full maturity yet! Let's keep encouraging each other and praying for each other to keep growing and becoming a better representative of JESUS! AMEN! Then they WILL say of us that we have been with Jesus (Acts 4:13)! Here is Hillsong Young and Free with "In Your Eyes":


Verse]
Skylines and crowded streets

Calling my attention
The limelight and empty dreams
Grieving my affections
But there is a perfect Voice
Waiting above the noise
Jesus my only choice
When all the lights are screaming
[Chorus]
Then I
I get lost in Your eyes
And find the clarity to life
The world when all the colors rage
But I'm not gonna look away, no
I get lost in Your eyes
[Verse 2]
I've read all the glossy guides
To living in contentment
I've heard all the pretty lies
And all of them are vacant
But You are a love unique
My heart, my identity
Jesus you're all I need
And see the rest is nothing

Shalom in Him!