Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Shalom,

Today we are reading Luke 8 as we follow our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan. Jesus gave the crowd the parable of the sower and then explained that parable to His disciples. Pay particular attention now to verses 15-18:
15 But as for that [seed] in the good soil, these are [the people] who, hearing the Word, hold it fast in a just (noble, virtuous) and worthy heart, and steadily bring forth fruit with patience. 16 No one after he has lighted a lamp covers it with a vessel or puts it under a [dining table] couch; but he puts it on a lamp stand, that those who come in may see the light. 17 For there is nothing hidden that shall not be disclosed, nor anything secret that shall not be known and come out into the open. 18 Be careful therefore how you listen. For to him who has [spiritual knowledge] will more be given; and from him who does not have [spiritual knowledge], even what he thinks and guesses and supposes that he has will be taken away.

Notice that Jesus explained that good soil is what is required for the seed of His Word to take root, grow strong and to be effective in our lives. WE determine the condition of our "soil". This is referring to our soul, which consists of our mind (intellect), our emotions and our will (our 'chooser'). We prepare the soil, or soul, with praise, thanksgiving and worship, with prayer in the Spirit and with prayer in our known language. Psalm 25:5 is a prayer that I have used:

Guide me in Your truth and faithfulness and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You [You only and altogether] do I wait [expectantly] all the day long.

NOW, you are ready to hear the Word and have it produce in your life! The next step is found in Joshua 1:8:

This Book of the Law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may observe and do according to all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall deal wisely and have good success.

Meditation involves hearing the Word, either hearing yourself or others, then thinking (pondering) about that Word, relying on Holy Spirit to give you understanding of it. Once you meditate on the Word and understanding comes, Holy Spirit will show you specifically how to put it into practice in your own life. When we become DOERS of the Word, THEN we will begin to see the same results from the Word that Jesus Himself saw! AMEN! BUT, verse 18 above warns us what happens to those who decide that it's too much work to hear, meditate and do the Word! If we don't continue on reaching for the wisdom and understanding, we WILL lose even the basic understanding of the Word that we once had! That could involve coming to the point where you would even doubt your Salvation and the enemy will keep you in constant bondage and turmoil over that! Refuse to take for granted what the God of the Bible has given you! Make your love for Him AND for His Word your top priority! It may SEEM like it will cost you something, but ultimately, the pay (reward, benefit) is SO much greater that it does not even compare! AMEN! Here is Hillsong Young and Free with "Only Wanna Sing":

ONLY WANNA SING
 [Verse 1]
This is no performance
Lord I pray it’s worship
Empty words I can’t afford

[Verse 2]
I’m not chasing feelings
That’s not why I’m singing
You’re the reason for my song

[Chorus]
I only wanna sing
If I sing with everything
If I sing for you my King
I can’t imagine why
I would do this all for hype
Cause it’s all to lift You high

[Verse 3]
You don’t want perfection
Just my soul’s attention
All I have is what I’ll give

[Verse 4]
More than a song that lasts a moment
I’ll live a life full of honest worship
If I’m here to sing then I’ll sing with purpose


Shalom in Him!