Saturday, April 30, 2016

Shalom,

Here are some of my favorite Psalm 119 verses as we finish the second half today!

89 Forever, O Lord, Your word is settled in heaven [stands firm as the heavens].  90 Your faithfulness is from generation to generation; You have established the earth, and it stands fast. AMP

92 Unless Your law had been my delight, I would have perished in my affliction. 93 I will never forget Your precepts, [how can I?] for it is by them You have quickened me (granted me life). AMP

96 I have seen that everything [human] has its limits and end [no matter how extensive, noble, and excellent]; but Your commandment is exceedingly broad and extends without limits [into eternity]. AMP

97 Oh, how love I Your law! It is my meditation all the day. 98 You, through Your commandments, make me wiser than my enemies, for [Your words] are ever before me.  99 I have better understanding and deeper insight than all my teachers, because Your testimonies are my meditation.  100 I understand more than the aged, because I keep Your precepts [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying them].  AMP

105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.  106 I have sworn [an oath] and have confirmed it, that I will keep Your righteous ordinances [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying them]. AMP

129 Your testimonies are wonderful [far exceeding anything conceived by man]; therefore my [penitent] self keeps them [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying them]. 130 The entrance and unfolding of Your words give light; their unfolding gives understanding (discernment and comprehension) to the simple. AMP

160 The sum of Your word is truth [the total of the full meaning of all Your individual precepts]; and every one of Your righteous decrees endures forever. AMP

164 Seven times a day and all day long do I praise You because of Your righteous decrees. 165 Great peace have they who love Your law; nothing shall offend them or make them stumble. AMP

Have you picked up on the devotion to the Lord that is present and evident in every verse? His WORD is SETTLED! It is UNCHANGEABLE! His Word gives me LIFE and SAFETY, and LOVE, and GRACE and MERCY, and LIGHT and TRUTH! Why would I EVER want to be without God's WORD? The next time you are tempted to quit and give up because you THINK that NO ONE cares, remember that HE does! He DID, He DOES and you WILL survive! AMEN! Here is Hillsong United again with "Say The Word" because that IS what we have been talking about today! AMEN! 



Shalom in Him!