Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Shalom,

Many people misinterpret Matthew 28:18-20 to say that Jesus wants us to see to it that everyone is baptized in water! 

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. KJV

Water Baptism is GOOD, as an outward sign of our inward commitment, but that is NOT what Jesus was instructing His disciples to do! Let's look at some other translations to get a clearer picture of what OUR instructions really are!

18 Jesus approached and, breaking the silence, said to them, All authority (all power of rule) in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. 19 Go then and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 Teaching them to observe everything that I have commanded you, and behold, I am with you all the days (perpetually, uniformly, and on every occasion), to the [very] close and consummation of the age. AMP

18 Yeshua came and talked with them. He said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore, go and make people from all nations into talmidim, immersing them into the reality of the Father, the Son and the Ruach HaKodesh, 20 and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you. And remember! I will be with you always, yes, even until the end of the age.” CJB

And Jesus, having come, spoke to them, saying, There was given to me all authority in heaven and upon earth. Having gone on your way therefore, teach all the nations, making them your pupils, baptizing them into the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to be attending to carefully, holding firmly to, and observing all, whatever things I enjoined upon you. And behold, as for myself, with you I am all the days until the consummation of the age. The New Testament: An Expanded Translation by Kenneth S. Wuest 

My very favorite here is the Complete Jewish Bible: "immersing them into the reality of the Father, the Son and the (Holy Spirit)"! It is so vitally important that we, as born again believers, come to really know and understand what it means to be "God inside minded"! We are a new species of being that never existed before (2 Corinthians 5:17 AMP)! We are FAR better off than Adam and Eve were in the Garden because we now have the Spirit of God living IN us! We don't just walk with the God of the Bible "in the Garden", we walk with Him IN US continually! There is NOWHERE that we could go and be OUT of His presence! HALLELUJAH! We are, of all the people who have ever lived on the face of the earth, MOST BLESSED! AMEN! Cultivate your intimate fellowship with Him so that you become confident in His indwelling presence! That is where we get the confidence of Philippians 4:13:

13 I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency].  AMP

We have His power, His ability, His nature, His life and ALL that makes God, God living IN us! It's past time that we look and act like it! AMEN! Here is Hillsong Young and Free with "Wake":


 Shalom in Him!