Friday, July 4, 2014

Shalom,

Today is Independence Day in the USA! Here are two verses that really speak to me concerning freedom and this nation. The first is Psalm 33:12:

12 Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people He has chosen as His heritage.

Our nation began as a Christian nation by Puritans who had been trying for years to find a place to worship freely the One, True, Most High, Living, Almighty God of the Bible, instead of be forced into a dead state religion! It took many, many years, wars, sacrifices and loss of physical lives, but THIS nation was founded by God as much as Israel was! The purpose was for the freedom of worship SO THAT the Gospel could be freely spread throughout the world! We were blessed as long as we acknowledged the God of the Bible and that our many, many blessings and freedom came from HIM! The trouble in this nation, at this point in time, is a direct result of spoiled and lazy people who forgot to remember the God of the Bible as their source and to continue to give HIM glory! BUT in THESE days there has been a repentance among God's people and a return of the fire and fight among the citizens! Are YOU ready to make a stand for YOUR nation? It will have to start with a renewal of your commitment to put, and keep, the God of the Bible as your #1 Source and Priority! The other verse that I am meditating on today is John 8:36:

36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. ESV
36 So if the Son liberates you [makes you free men], then you are really and unquestionably free. AMP

TRUE freedom comes from receiving Jesus Christ as Lord and personal Savior, receiving the Spirit of God to live IN you and to make you a new creation in the image of God! To find out more, please visit our website through the link on the left! One last Scripture that I want to share with you is this from John 8:31-32:

31 So Jesus said to those Jews who had believed in Him, If you abide in My word [hold fast to My teachings and live in accordance with them], you are truly My disciples. 32 And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free.

John 17:17 tells us that the Word is TRUTH! Spend time in the Word of God and you will SEE and KNOW this TRUTH! THAT is where true freedom comes from! Here is Hillsong with "Free":


Would you believe me if I said
That we are the ones who can make the change
In the world today
Would you believe me if I said
That all of your dreams in your heart
Can come true today
Would you believe me if I said
That life could be all that you want it to be today

And if I had wings I would fly
'Cause all that I need, You are
And if the world caved in around me
To You I'd still hold on
Cause You're all that I believe
And the one that created me
Jesus because of You I'm free

Would you believe me if I said
That God can make miracles happen today
Would you believe me if I said
That you don't need to wait for the answers before
You step out in faith
Would you believe me if I said
That nothing is ever impossible for God

And if I had wings I would fly
'Cause all that I need, You are
And if the world caved in around me
To You I'd still hold on
Cause You're all that I believe
And the one that created me
Jesus because of You I'm free

Just live your life with God inside
You wont regret one moment of it
And give all that you can for God, for God

And if I had wings I would fly
'Cause all that I need, You are
And if the world caved in around me
To You I'd still hold on
Cause You're all that I believe
And the one that created me
Jesus because of You

And if I had wings I would fly
'Cause all that I need, You are
And if the world caved in around me
To You I'd still hold on
Cause You're all that I believe
And the one that created me
Jesus because of You I'm free

Shalom in Him!