Thursday, July 24, 2014

Shalom,

Do you ever encourage yourself with Psalm 23? It is such a familiar Psalm that most people, believers AND unbelievers, have heard it many times. The promises of Psalm 23 are ONLY intended for those who have a Covenant with the God of the Bible! "LORD" in verse 1 is the Hebrew word "Jehovah" which IS the Covenant Name of Almighty God! Here is the entire Psalm:

1 THE LORD is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack. 2 He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters.  [Revelation 7:17.] 3 He refreshes and restores my life (my self); He leads me in the paths of righteousness [uprightness and right standing with Him — not for my earning it, but] for His name's sake. 4 Yes, though I walk through the [deep, sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I will fear or dread no evil, for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort me. 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my [brimming] cup runs over. 6 Surely or only goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, and through the length of my days the house of the Lord [and His presence] shall be my dwelling place.  AMP

Your Father God intends for you to live a life of abundance and blessing right here on earth, and in the life to come, even more! Look at
verse 6 again. "Goodness" is the Hebrew word "towb", which means: good in the widest sense; pleasant; excellent; rich; valuable; happy; prosperous; welfare; bountiful. "Mercy" is the Hebrew word "checed", which means: loving-kindness; steadfast love; faithfulness; goodness; devotion. HE desires that these blessings "follow" us! This is the Hebrew word "radaph", which means: to pursue ardently; to chase; to secure. Do you get the picture here of just what quality of life God desires for us to walk in? Would you like more proof of this? Look at 3 John 2 and John 10:10:

3 John 2 Beloved, I wish above all things that you may prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers. KJV

John 10:10 The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows). AMP

Don't ever let anyone talk you out of desiring and expecting God's very best, now, in THIS life! He's a BIG God! Let Him BE God! AMEN! Here is Hillsong  with "God Is Great":


Shalom in Him!