Thursday, July 17, 2014

Shalom,

Psalm 16:7-9 says this:

I will bless the Lord, Who has given me counsel; yes, my heart instructs me in the night seasons. I have set the Lord continually before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad and my glory [my inner self] rejoices; my body too shall rest and confidently dwell in safety,

Early on in my study of God's Word I heard this vital advice: When you see the word "therefore", find out what it's THERE FOR! In other words, looking at the verses above, I see that IF I desire to have a heart (spirit and soul combination) that is glad and rejoicing, and a body that is rested and protected, then I MUST find out what came before! The first thing that the psalmist says is that they had chosen to bless the LORD. This is worship and adoration of JEHOVAH! This is the God of the Covenant! If WE desire to bless the God of the Covenant, then we must KNOW what He has done for us so that we CAN appreciate, thank and worship Him for these things! THAT is first! Then the psalmist says that the LORD has given him counsel (instruction and guidance). Because this psalmist put God first, worshiping God and heeding His counsel, His Word, THEN their own heart (spirit and soul combination) brought the Word and instruction back to them so that they could put it into practice, doing things God's way! The psalmist then tells us that they put the God of the Bible, the God of the Covenant, FIRST PLACE in priority in their life! THEREFORE, because of these choices, this psalmist had put themselves in position to receive all that they needed from God! We have an even better Covenant, that is based on better promises that this psalmist had! We already have been given everything we need to succeed and prosper in this life! Look at 2 Peer 1:3:

For His divine power has bestowed upon us all things that [are requisite and suited] to life and godliness, through the [full, personal] knowledge of Him Who called us by and to His own glory and excellence (virtue). AMP

DO you SEE now what the "therefore" was THERE FOR? Now "go thou and do likewise" (Luke 10:37)!  AMEN!!! Here is Hillsong Worship with a new song called "Calvary", because what Jesus DID at Calvary, "covers it all"! EVERYTHING we need! HALLELUJAH!!!


Shalom in Him!