Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Shalom,


Today's devotional from Kenneth E. Hagin's Faith Food is about Job. Here is a portion:


How About Job?
May 15, 2012
"And the Lord turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before" (Job 42:10). 

"But you've forgotten, Brother Hagin, that God made Job sick," someone said. 

"No, He didn't, the devil did." 

"Yeah, but God gave him permission!" 

But God didn't commission Job's problem. God will permit you to rob a gas station (you have a free will), but He won't commission you to do it. 

Actually, God has only given the devil "permission" in a sense. If you allow Satan to attack you, God will permit it, because Satan is the god of this world (2 Cor. 4:4), and you are living on his territory. 

Job himself opened the door to the devil by being afraid. Job said, "For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me" (Job 3:25). 
Remember, we, as born again believers, with the Spirit of God living IN us, have been given authority over all the power of the enemy! What WE allow will happen in our lives! What WE refuse to allow CANNOT stay! Remember this in Luke 10:19:

19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. KJV

God has already done HIS part! HE sent Jesus! Jesus has already done HIS part! HE is now sitting at the right hand of the Father, interceding for US that we get it right! The Holy Spirit is continually doing HIS part! He is working that "good work" (Philippians 1:6) in us and leading, guiding and directing us moment by moment, and day by day! Are YOU listening and obeying? One of the commandments found in the Word of God, in many, many places, is "fret not"! We are NOT to fear anything or anyone! Remember this in Hebrews 13:5a-6:


5 (b)  for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!]  [Josh 1:5.] 6 So we take comfort and are encouraged and confidently and boldly say, The Lord is my Helper; I will not be seized with alarm [I will not fear or dread or be terrified]. What can man do to me? AMP


Here is the rest of the devotional, and a wonderful encouragement for US to never give up, never give in, never, never, never! 


Many Bible scholars agree that the entire Book of Job took place over a nine to 18 month period. Afterwards, we see that God turned Job's captivity. Therefore, when Job was sick, he was in captivity to the devil. When Job was in poverty, he was in captivity to the devil. But God turned Job's captivity! God gave Job twice as much as he had to begin with. That's God at work! 

Confession: God turns our captivity! He doesn't put us in bondage. God sets us free! Through Jesus, I am free! I will never accept sickness and disease as being from God! I know where it comes from and I stand against it! 



Here is a song I that really blesses my life from Hillsong United It is called "Nova":




Shalom in Him!