Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Shalom,


Joshua 13-14 reveals some of the original division of the land of Israel by the God of the Bible! Every idea for the borders of Israel that any person has ever come up with is absolutely wrong unless it lines up with those of the God of the Bible! Here again is a picture of what the nation of Israel is SUPPOSED to look like!



Don't be found agreeing with the world when you should be found agreeing with the God of the Bible! He WILL see to it that Israel is fully restored, but it will be in HIS timeline! Continue to pray for the peace and prosperity of the nation of the Israel and the city of Jerusalem! In Joshua 14 we see Caleb coming with this declaration to Joshua in verses 7-10:


   7Forty years old was I when Moses the servant of the Lord sent me from Kadesh-barnea to scout out the land. And I brought him a report as it was in my heart. 8But my brethren who went up with me made the hearts of the people melt; yet I wholly followed the Lord my God. 9And Moses swore on that day, Surely the land on which your feet have walked shall be an inheritance to you and your children always, because you have wholly followed the Lord my God. 10And now, behold, the Lord has kept me alive, as He said, these forty-five years since the Lord spoke this word to Moses, while the Israelites wandered in the wilderness; and now, behold, I am this day eighty-five years old.

Caleb had spent 45 years serving the LORD and assisting Joshua! Now Caleb is 85 years old. Do you think he is going to ask to retire so he can "rest" for the rest of his life? NO Look at verses 11-15:

  11Yet I am as strong today as I was the day Moses sent me; as my strength was then, so is my strength now for war and to go out and to come in. 12So now give me this hill country of which the Lord spoke that day. For you heard then how the [giantlike] Anakim were there and that the cities were great and fortified; if the Lord will be with me, I shall drive them out just as the Lord said. 13Then Joshua blessed him and gave Hebron to Caleb son of Jephunneh for an inheritance. 14So Hebron became the inheritance of Caleb son of Jephunneh the Kenizzite to this day, because he wholly followed the Lord, the God of Israel. 15The name of Hebron before was Kiriath-arba [city of Arba]. This Arba was the greatest of the Anakim. And the land had rest from war.

Not only did Caleb not with to retire, he said that he would continue to fight to drive out the giants from his land! How could Caleb have the same strength and vitality that he had experienced as a 40 year old? Look again at the end of verse 8:


8b yet I wholly followed the Lord my God.


There we have the key to Caleb's strength! It is also the key to OUR having that same kind of strength! Remember Isaiah 40:31?

31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Now THAT is an Old Covenant promise, and WE have a better Covenant, based on better promises (Hebrews 8:6)! Shouldn't we be expecting even better health and more strength? Let's stop expecting our bodies to react like the rest of the world and spend time actively waiting on the LORD! Then we can EXPECT even better things than Caleb! Amen! Here is Hillsong with "You Are My Strength":



Shalom in Him!