Sunday, May 6, 2012

Shalom,


In 1 Corinthians 14 Paul is instructing the church in the proper operation of the utterance gifts of the Spirit in a public setting. He is fully expecting the congregation to be flowing in the gifts! But the verse I want to focus on today is verse 18 (CJB):

18 I thank God that I speak in tongues more than any of you. 

The Amplified Bible says this:

18 I thank God that I speak in tongues more than any of you or all of you put together; 

What was Paul speaking about here? He was referring to his own individual prayer time! It is vitally important that the born again believer in Jesus of Nazareth also receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, which is the INFILLING of the Spirit, so that they can make use of their heavenly prayer language! Paul says THIS about that in verse 2 (AMP):

2 For one who speaks in an [unknown] tongue speaks not to men but to God, for no one understands or catches his meaning, because in the [Holy] Spirit he utters secret truths and hidden things [not obvious to the understanding]. 

The purpose for our prayer language is so that we can pray perfectly without our human understanding getting in the way and hindering our prayer! Another wonderful thing that results from our praying in our Holy Spirit given prayer language is found in Isaiah 28:12 (KJV):

11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will He speak to this people. 12 To whom He said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing:

And then this in Jude 12 (AMP):


20 But you, beloved, build yourselves up [founded] on your most holy faith [make progress, rise like an edifice higher and higher], praying in the Holy Spirit; 

What a wonderful supply the Father has given us in order to grow up in Him and be the mighty force HE expects us to be on this earth! If you are born again and have not yet received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues, prayer THIS prayer:


Father, I am Your child. I desire to be filled with Holy Spirit and speak with other tongues as the Holy Spirit gives me the utterance. By faith, I receive the infilling of the Holy Spirit. As I lift my hands to praise You, I fully expect to speak in my heavenly prayer language. Amen.


Now open your heart and mouth in praise to Him and allow the Holy Spirit to give you that powerful, personal prayer language. If you have further questions, please check out The Spoken Word Church website at the left and contact us there. We will be happy to help you in your spiritual growth! In the meantime, here is a very old song called "Joy In The Holy Ghost" by Hillsong (lyrics found below):


JOY IN THE HOLY GHOST

I've found a friend, o Such a friend
He made my heart his home
God himself is in me
And I know I'm never alone
I know all my tomorrows will be better than all my hopes
We've got love grace peace and power
And joy in the Holy Ghost.

(We've got love)
My God is never wrong
And He makes time for me
(We've got grace)
It blew apart my chains
And set the sinner free
(We've got peace)
It's like a river and you'll never run it dry
We've got power over fear and death
And hearts filled up with joy.

The Holy Spirit fills me up
And I need him every day
For fire faith and confidence
And knowing what to say
I gave my heart and all I am
To the one who loves most
We've got love grace peace and power
And joy in the Holy Ghost.


Shalom in Him!