Friday, May 25, 2012

Shalom,


Psalm 144:1-2 give us a great perspective on how the One, True, Most High, Living, Almighty God of the Bible desires for us to operate and how He wants us to view Him!


 1BLESSED BE the Lord, my Rock and my keen and firm Strength, Who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight-   2My Steadfast Love and my Fortress, my High Tower and my Deliverer, my Shield and He in Whom I trust and take refuge, Who subdues my people under me.


The Amplified Bible is very accurate here because the Hebrew word for "strength" is "tsuwr", which means: a rock or a rocky wall. He is our firm foundation! He "teaches", the Hebrew word "lamad", which means: to instruct, but also to goad! He pushes us to press on and to know and to do more than we thought we were capable of! What is He teaching? He teaches our hands, representing power, to war. We use HIS power to do the supernatural battle against principalities, powers, rulers of the darkness of this world and spiritual wickedness in high places (Ephesians 6:12)! He also teaches our fingers, representing creativity, to fight. We use the creative techniques of the Holy Spirit to fight specific, individual battles! This is like hand-to-hand combat! And through all of this, HE is Who we look to for the ultimate deliverance! Thank YOU, Jesus, for the VICTORY! AMEN! Here is an older song by Hillsong called "Great In Power":




Shalom in Him!