Sunday, May 13, 2012

Shalom,


Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers, grandmothers, godmothers, step-mothers, spiritual mothers and "like-a-mothers"! I pray that your day has been most blessed! Today at The Spoken Word Church Pastor Bill Novak began a new series called "Two" about the ministry, power and unity of believers joining forces together! Specifically about having God-given friendships and best friends! The verse that really spoke to me today was Proverbs 18:24:

24 A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother. 
KJV

I have always heard that this means that if we wanted to have a lot of friends, we had to BE friendly! Although there may be some truth to that thought, that is NOT what this verse is really saying! here are some other translations and versions to show you what this is REALLY saying!

24 The man of many friends [a friend of all the world] will prove himself a bad friend, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. AMP

24 Some “friends” pretend to be friends,
but a true friend sticks closer than a brother. CJB

24 There are "friends" who destroy each other,
but a real friend sticks closer than a brother.NLT

24 A man of many companions may come to ruin,
but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. ESV

24 Friends come and friends go,
but a true friend sticks by you like family. THE MESSAGE

What I see here is that we may have many acquaintances and even many friends, but the most valuable friends are those "best friends" that are like family! You can trust them with your life and you KNOW that they ALWAYS have your best interests at heart. These are God-given blessings and we should highly value these! Do YOU have one or two "best friends"? If not, God will stand in the gap and be your very best friend ever and he will bring them into your life at the proper time! Trust Him! Amen! Here is Hillsong United with "My Best Friend". Lyrics follow:



Have you heard of the One called Saviour?
Have you heard of His perfect love?
Have you heard of the One in Heaven?
Have you heard how He gave His Son?
Well I have found this love and I believe in the Son show me Your way

I believe in the one called Saviour
I believe He's the risen one
I believe that I'll live forever
I believe that the King will come
Because I have found this love and I believe in the Son show me Your way

Jesus You are my best friend and You will always be nothing will ever change that x2

I believe in the One called Saviour
I believe He's the risen One
I believe that I'll live forever
I believe that the King will come
Because I have found this love and I believe in the Son show me Your way

Jesus You are my best friend and You will always be nothing will ever change that
Jesus You are my best friend and You will always be nothing will ever change that
Jesus You are my best friend and You will always be nothing will ever change that

Nothing will ever change that x 6



Shalom in Him!