Monday, May 7, 2012

Shalom,


1 Corinthians 15:8-10:

8And last of all He appeared to me also, as to one prematurely and born dead [no better than an unperfected fetus among living men]. 9For I am the least [worthy] of the apostles, who am not fit or deserving to be called an apostle, because I once wronged and pursued and molested the church of God [oppressing it with cruelty and violence]. 10But by the grace (the unmerited favor and blessing) of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not [found to be] for nothing (fruitless and without effect). In fact, I worked harder than all of them [the apostles], though it was not really I, but the grace (the unmerited favor and blessing) of God which was with me.

I am going to share with you my "theory" today! Do you remember what a theory is? Brother Kenneth E. Hagin used to say this: "A theory is a supposition based on ignorance of the subject at hand!"  Some things we will NOT know until we see Him face to face and He can explain things to us Himself! That does NOT mean that we cannot think about it, however! We ARE told to meditate the Word of God day and night (Joshua 1:8)!So just look at this as "meditation"! Do you remember what Peter led the other disciples to do in Acts 1? Read Acts 1:15-26 and see that he decided that THEY should pick an apostle to replace Judas. Do you EVER remember reading of a time that JESUS said this? Did Jesus say, "Go to Jerusalem and choose a replacement for Judas"? NO! Peter decided that this person must have been with them the entire three years of the ministry of Jesus on the earth. Did you notice the prayer that they prayed? Verses 23-24:

23 So they nominated two men: Joseph called Barsabbas (also known as Justus) and Matthias. 24 Then they all prayed, "O Lord, you know every heart. Show us which of these men you have chosen 25 as an apostle to replace Judas in this ministry, for he has deserted us and gone where he belongs." 26 Then they cast lots, and Matthias was selected to become an apostle with the other eleven.

Notice that "they" nominated two men and than asked the Lord to show which of these two that He had chosen! Then they "cast lots". In our day we would say that they threw the dice or chose straws! I venture to say that God had nothing whatsoever to do with this decision! Do you EVER hear Matthias mentioned again? Instead, we see above in 1 Corinthians 15:9 that Paul calls himself one of the apostles. After Jesus Himself chose Paul, do you remember how many years that Paul spent in the presence of the Lord being taught by Him? Look at Galatians 1:11-12:


11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. 
12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Paul was taught by the Lord! Now look at Galatians 1:15-18:

15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, 
16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:
17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus. 
18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.

How long did Paul spend AWAY from everyone?  Three years! I believe that Jesus taught Paul everything that He had taught the other apostles during His earthly ministry! Do you remember when Peter said THIS about Paul's teaching? 2 Peter 3:15-16:


15 And remember, the Lord's patience gives people time to be saved. This is what our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you with the wisdom God gave him— 16 speaking of these things in all of his letters. Some of his comments are hard to understand, and those who are ignorant and unstable have twisted his letters to mean something quite different, just as they do with other parts of Scripture. And this will result in their destruction.

The Spirit-filled Peter recognized that the Lord Himself had given that wisdom! The biggest reason that I believe Paul was first able to understand these "hard things" is that he received them first of all from the Lord as a born again, Spirit-filled believer! The other apostles walked with Jesus for three years, but NOT being born again or Spirit-filled! We WILL find out what REALLY happened when we all get to see Him face to face, but it IS fun to "think about it"! Here is Hillsong United with "Everyday" with lyrics below:




What to say, Lord? It's
You who gave me life and I
Can't explain just how
Much You mean to me now
That You have saved me, Lord
I give all that I am to You
That everyday I could
Be a light that shines Your name

Everyday, Lord, I'll
Learn to stand upon Your word
And I pray that I
I might come to know You more
That You would guide me in every single step I take, that
Everyday I can
Be Your light unto the world

Everyday, it's You I live for
Everyday, I'll follow after You
Everyday, I'll walk with You, my Lord

Everyday, Lord, I'll
Learn to stand upon Your word
And I pray that I
I might come to know You more
That You would guide me in every single step I take, that
Everyday I can
Be Your light unto the world

Everyday, it's You I live for
Everyday, I'll follow after You
Everyday, I'll walk with You, my Lord

It's You I live for, everyday
It's You I live for, everyday
It's You I live for, everyday
It's You I live for, everyday

Everyday, it's You I live for
Everyday, I'll follow after You
Everyday, I'll walk with You, my Lord

Everyday, it's You I live for
Everyday, I'll follow after You
Everyday, I'll walk with You, my Lord


Shalom in Him!