Friday, May 11, 2012

Shalom,


Psalm 130:3-4 says this:


 3If You, Lord, should keep account of and treat [us according to our] sins, O Lord, who could stand? 4But there is forgiveness with You [just what man needs], that You may be reverently feared and worshiped.


Hallelujah! For the born again believer in Jesus of Nazareth, there is NO accounting of sin for our eternal life! Jesus already paid the price for ALL sin, for EVERY person, once for ALL time! BUT, only those who accept and receive HIM can appropriate that "ransom" for themselves! I have! Have you? If not, pray this prayer, believing in your heart, and then let us know that you have so we can help you grow in Him!


Almighty God, I am a sinner. I believe that Jesus Christ came to this earth, died on the cross for me, was raised from the dead, and is now seated at Your right hand. I accept and receive Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour and I invite Him to come into my heart and become Lord over my life. I thank You now Father, for welcoming me into Your family. You are my Father. I am Your child. Jesus is my Lord! Amen.


Look at this portion of today's devotional from "My Utmost For His Highest" by Oswald Chambers:


And the Holy Spirit reveals to me that God loved me not because I was lovable, but because it was His nature to do so. Now He commands me to show the same love to others by saying, “. . . love one another as I have loved you” (John 15:12).


NOW, He expects us to walk in that same love toward others, presenting the Good News of the Gospel so that they, too, can be saved! That is one of the first and best ways to show forth our love and appreciation to the LORD for all that HE has done for US! Then it goes on to say this:



This kind of love is not a patronizing love for the unlovable— it is His love, and it will not be evidenced in us overnight. Some of us may have tried to force it, but we were soon tired and frustrated.
“The Lord . . . is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish . . .” (2 Peter 3:9). I should look within and remember how wonderfully He has dealt with me. The knowledge that God has loved me beyond all limits will compel me to go into the world to love others in the same way. I may get irritated because I have to live with an unusually difficult person. But just think how disagreeable I have been with God! Am I prepared to be identified so closely with the Lord Jesus that His life and His sweetness will be continually poured out through Me? Neither natural love nor God’s divine love will remain and grow in me unless it is nurtured. Love is spontaneous, but it has to be maintained through discipline.



Let's make it our determined purpose to not allow one day to go by where we don't share the Good News with at least one other person! With all of the avenues available to us in these times, there is NO excuse not to! AMEN! here to inspire you is Hillsong with "Love Of God Can Do". Lyrics below:


He can make a way where there isn’t a way
That’s what the love of God can do
Everything can start new every day
That’s what the love of God can do

The whole world changed when love stepped in
That’s what the love of God can do
Hearts to save and a world to win
That’s what the love of God can do

Chorus:
Love flies higher, walks through fire
Doesn’t change from day to day 
If it’s really love, it just won’t give up
Love will never pass away
(Repeat Verse)

Love is patient, love is kind
If someone else wins, love doesn’t mind
Love believe and love forgives
And God is the start of all of this
(Repeat Verse) 


"Shalom in Him!