Friday, November 4, 2016

Shalom,

Kenneth E. Hagin's "Faith Food" for today is not something we haven't heard before, but it IS something that many believers often 'forget to remember'! 

WORDS

"Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth" (Proverbs 6:2). 

Many Christians blame certain things on the devil, when actually they are taken captive by the words of their own mouths. One writer expressed it this way: 

You said you could not - and the moment you said it you were whipped. You said you did not have faith - and doubt rose up like a giant and bound you. You are imprisoned with your own words. You talked failure, and failure held you in bondage. 

Our words dominate us. That's what Jesus was saying in Mark 11:23: "...he shall have whatsoever he saith." 

Never talk failure. Never talk defeat. Never acknowledge for one moment that God's ability or power cannot put you over. If you do talk failure or defeat, you are acknowledging that God cannot and has not put you over in life. 

But thank God, He can! And He has! If you will believe right and talk right, you will walk in the reality of it! 

Confession: I refuse to talk failure. I refuse to talk defeat. God puts me over in life.
Many believers have learned how to plant the seed of God's Word into their lives by confessing what the Word says about them, and about their particular situations. As time goes on and they don't yet see the full manifestation of the answer, the enemy comes with little, but persistent, 'seeds' of doubt and unbelief. They begin, internally at first, and then with their own mouths, to question. They may begin by questioning themselves, then the Word and, if left unchecked, they will even begin to question the goodness of God Himself! Notice that this all begins with a tiny seed of doubt! 2 Corinthians 10:5 address this very thing and shows us the way out of that danger!

[Inasmuch as we] refute arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God; and we lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One),

I like the way the Phillips translation puts this, also:

Our battle is to bring down every deceptive fantasy and every imposing defence that men erect against the true knowledge of God. We even fight to capture every thought until it acknowledges the authority of Christ.

We will never be able to control our talk unless we can learn to control our thoughts! We can only control our thoughts by controlling what we see and hear! We like to say it this way: What we see and hear is what we WILL think about! What we think about, we will eventually say and do! SO, control what you are putting into your eyes and ears every day! CHOOSE to see, hear, and think about the TRUTH of God's Word. When you do, you will find yourself thinking much more often inline with the Word of God. Then, when you speak the Word, it will be with faith and confidence in the PROMISE and you will be able to dismiss the thoughts of doubt and unbelief, sometimes automatically! This is a progressive growing up in the things of God, so begin TODAY! AMEN! Here is Hillsong Worship with "Behold (Then Sings My Soul)":



"Behold (Then Sings My Soul)"

Behold the Father's heart
The mystery He lavishes on us
As deep cries out to deep
Oh, how desperately He wants us

The things of earth stand next to him
Like a candle to the sun
Unfailing Father
What compares to His great love

Behold His holy Son
The Lion and the Lamb given to us
The Word became a man
That my soul should know its Saviour

Forsaken for the sake of all mankind
Salvation is in His blood
Jesus Messiah
The righteous died for love

It wasn't over
For He is the risen One

Then sings my sou-ou-ouu-ou-oul
Then sings my sou-ou-ouu-ou-oul
How great Your love is
How great Your love is

Then sings my sou-ou-ouu-ou-oul
Then sings my sou-ou-ouu-ou-oul
How great Your love is
How great Your love is

Then sings my soul

Behold I have a friend
The Spirit breathing holy fire within
My ever present help
Speaking truth when I can't find it

Light up this broken heart and light my way
'til my time on earth is do-one
Oh, Holy Spirit
Breathe in me like kingdom come

Oh, Holy Spirit
Let Your work in me be done

Then sings my sou-ou-ouu-ou-oul
Then sings my sou-ou-ouu-ou-oul
How great Your love is
How great Your love is

Then sings my sou-ou-ouu-ou-oul
Then sings my sou-ou-ouu-ou-oul
How great Your love is
How great Your love is

Then sings my sou-ou-ouu-ou-oul
Then sings my sou-ou-ouu-ou-oul
How great Your love is
How great Your love is

Then sings my sou-ou-ouu-ou-oul
Then sings my sou-ou-ouu-ou-oul
How great Your love is
How great Your love is
Shalom in Him!