Friday, November 11, 2016

Shalom,

In today's Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan we see Jesus saying this to His disciples in John 9:4-5:
We must work the works of Him Who sent Me and be busy with His business while it is daylight; night is coming on, when no man can work. As long as I am in the world, I am the world’s Light.

Jesus was declaring Himself the 'Light of the world', and we know that He is! We saw Him saying THIS in John 8:12:

12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that follows me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. KJV

We also see what He is saying to US (those that follow HIM)! We HAVE Jesus (1 John 5:11-12), therefore we HAVE this LIGHT - IN US! Now let's go back to Matthew 5:14 and see what else Jesus said! 

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. KJV

Notice that Jesus said, in our original Scripture (John 9:5), that HE was the Light of the world for as long as He is IN the world! Jesus NOW sits at the right hand of God the Father, waiting to be sent here to take us home! BUT, He IS still 'in the world', because, though the Head is in Heaven, the rest of His body is right here on earth! 1 Corinthians 12:27:

27 Now you [collectively] are Christ's body and [individually] you are members of it, each part severally and distinct [each with his own place and function].  AMP

We are NOT here for our own plans and purposes! We are HERE to BE the LIGHT to the lost and dying world! While we are here, BEING the LIGHT and doing the works of Jesus, He WILL bless us, protect us, prosper us and give us desires that HE will fulfill! This life can be most glorious IF we will put HIM first, make His priority ours, find out what belongs to us as children of the Most High God and accept the call to BE THE LIGHT! AMEN! Will you? I say: Here I am LORD! Not my will, but YOURS be done! Here is Hillsong Worship with "As It Is In Heaven":


Whether now or then

Death is not my end
I know heaven waits for me
Though the road seems long
I’ll never walk alone
I’ve got all I need to sing

I know You love me
I know You found me
I know You saved me
And Your grace will never fail me
And while I’m waiting
I’m not waiting
I know heaven lives in me

Should I suffer long
This is not my home
I know heaven waits for me
Though the night is dark
Heaven owns my heart
I’ve got all I need to sing

So I will sing like I will there

In the fearless light of glory
Where the darkness cannot find me
And Your face is all I see
I will sing like a man
With no sickness in my body
Like no prison walls can hold me
I will sing like I am free

I’ll sing holy holy

My heart cries holy
As it is in heaven
It is in me

We’ll sing holy holy
The earth cries holy
As it is in heaven
So let it be

Shalom in Him!