Sunday, November 13, 2016

Shalom,

Today's "My Utmost For His Highest" by Oswald Chambers is POWERFUL! Remember that the language is a little different than what you may be used to today, but as you meditate on it, allow Holy Spirit to show you vital TRUTHS!

The Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me. — Galatians 2:20


 We have to battle through our moods into absolute devotion to the Lord Jesus, to get out of the hole-and-corner business of our experience into abandoned devotion to Him. Think Who the New Testament says that Jesus Christ is, and then think of the despicable meanness* of the miserable faith we have — “I haven’t had this and that experience!” Think what faith in Jesus Christ claims — that He can present us faultless before the throne of God, unutterably pure, absolutely rectified and profoundly justified. Stand in implicit adoring faith in Him, He is “made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption.” How can we talk of making a sacrifice for the Son of God! Our salvation is from hell and perdition, and then we talk about making sacrifices!

We have to get out into faith in Jesus Christ continually; not a prayer meeting Jesus Christ, nor a book Jesus Christ, but the New Testament Jesus Christ, Who is God Incarnate, and Who ought to strike us to His feet as dead. Our faith must be in the One from Whom our experience springs. Jesus Christ wants our absolute abandon of devotion to Himself. We never can experience Jesus Christ, nor ever hold Him within the compass of our own hearts, but our faith must be built in strong emphatic confidence in Him.

It is along this line that we see the rugged impatience of the Holy Ghost against unbelief. All our fears are wicked, and we fear because we will not nourish ourselves in our faith. How can any one who is identified with Jesus Christ suffer from doubt or fear! It ought to be an absolute psalm of perfectly irrepressible, triumphant belief.

*mean: as used here, something or someone ordinary, common, low, or ignoble, rather than cruel or spiteful.

It is when we try to 'fit' Jesus into our limited human perceptions that we lose the essence of His magnificence! It is completely acceptable, and advisable, to acknowledge that we do not yet KNOW Him! We know in part. We know a little, in comparison to all that He IS! With that in mind, let's give it our all in getting to know Him more, every single day! AMEN! Philippians 3:10-14:

10 [For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope] 11 That if possible I may attain to the [spiritual and moral] resurrection [that lifts me] out from among the dead [even while in the body]. 12 Not that I have now attained [this ideal], or have already been made perfect, but I press on to lay hold of (grasp) and make my own, that for which Christ Jesus (the Messiah) has laid hold of me and made me His own. 13 I do not consider, brethren, that I have captured and made it my own [yet]; but one thing I do [it is my one aspiration]: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward. AMP

When we make this our daily commitment, we will begin to KNOW Him more than we ever thought possible! HALLELUJAH! Let's GO! Here is Hillsong Worship with "Love So Great":


 LOVE SO GREAT
Your love so great
Jesus in all things
I’ve seen a glimpse of Your heart
A billion years
Still I’ll be singing
How can I praise You enough
You are the Lord Almighty
Out shining all the stars in glory
Your love is like the wildest ocean
Oh nothing else compares
Creation calls
All to the Saviour
We are alive for Your praise
In earth and sky no one is higher
Our God of wonders You reign
Not to us
But to Your Name
We lift up
All praise

Shalom in Him!