Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Shalom,

In Psalm 143 we  find David calling out to God because the enemy had continued to pursue and persecute him. He went straight to His Deliverer! He did explain to the LORD what the enemy was doing, even though none of this was hidden from God. I personally believe that David said these things out loud because the enemy was also listening. He was showing that he recognized the enemy and that He also recognized His Deliverer! But then David says something that reveals to US how to deal with the attacks of the enemy! Verses 5-6:
I remember the days of old; I meditate on all Your doings; I ponder the work of Your hands. I spread forth my hands to You; my soul thirsts after You like a thirsty land [for water].Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!

First of all, David reminded HIMSELF of the wonderful works that the LORD had done for him in the past. Then he surrendered himself in worship before the LORD! In verses 8-12 we find David presenting his prayer petition to the LORD:
Cause me to hear Your loving-kindness in the morning, for on You do I lean and in You do I trust. Cause me to know the way wherein I should walk, for I lift up my inner self to You. Deliver me, O Lord, from my enemies; I flee to You to hide me. 10 Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God; let Your good Spirit lead me into a level country and into the land of uprightness. 11 Save my life, O Lord, for Your name’s sake; in Your righteousness, bring my life out of trouble and free me from distress. 12 And in your mercy and loving-kindness, cut off my enemies and destroy all those who afflict my inner self, for I am Your servant.

His first petition was for the LORD to lead him in the way that he (David) should go in order to be in position to receive this deliverance and to teach him how to be obedient to the will of God. This is true humility in action! Yes, we should ALWAYS be bold in the face of the enemy when we are attacked, but we should ALWAYS maintain intimate fellowship with the LORD so that He can direct us and correct us, as needed! This puts us in position for total victory over an enemy who has no standing and no right to come against those who belong to the One, True, Most High, Living, Almighty God of the Bible! WHEN we do OUR part, God is freed up to do what only HE can do! AMEN! Here is Hillsong Worship with "In Control":


Verse 1
From heaven You can hear
I know You’re drawing near
As I worship
Held within Your love
The wind and waves will come
But I will stay here
Chorus
I lift my hands to heaven
Here my heart surrendered
I tell my soul again
You are Lord of all
Though the seas are raging
You will speak and tame them
In You I find my rest
You are in control
Verse 2
Through valleys I will trust
Your Spirit is enough to keep me walking
You guide my every step
Speak life to me again
Lord I need You
Bridge
I will trust in only You
No one can add to Your perfection
You’re the beginning and the end
More than I can comprehend
There is no one like You
No one
No one
No one Jesus

Shalom in Him!