Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Shalom,

I have shared one particular Scripture on this blog, over the years, more than almost any other. I have shared it many times to keep it ever before our minds because KNOWING this affects how we receive anything and everything else in the Word of God!  That Scripture is John 17:17:

17 Sanctify them [purify, consecrate, separate them for Yourself, make them holy] by the Truth; Your Word is Truth. 

Jesus was praying for His disciples, which includes US! Meditating on this one Truth until we REALLY 'get it' is necessary for the understanding of all others! Another verse that will help in our meditation is 2 Timothy 3:16-17:
16 Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, [and] for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God’s will in thought, purpose, and action), 17 So that the man of God may be complete and proficient, well fitted and thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Our God desires for us to be thoroughly equipped for the work that He has called each one of us to do! Now, remembering that every Scripture is 'God-breathed', let's look at 3 John from our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan for today! Verses 3-4:
In fact, I greatly rejoiced when [some of] the brethren from time to time arrived and spoke [so highly] of the sincerity and fidelity of your life, as indeed you do live in the Truth [the whole Gospel presents]. I have no greater joy than this, to hear that my [spiritual] children are living their lives in the Truth.

Holy Spirit, speaking THROUGH John, is telling us what our Father thinks! HE, the Father, 'has NO greater joy' than that WE should be living our lives in HIS Truth! His WORD! That SHOULD be motivation enough for us to get more serious and intense about our study and meditation of the Word, for the purpose of acting on it! But, besides bringing joy to our Father, we have THIS promise that WILL happen as we do so! 3 John 2:

Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in every way and [that your body] may keep well, even as [I know] your soul keeps well and prospers.

Amen! What further encouragement could we possibly need to get ourselves into the Word of God more now than ever before? Let's GO and DO this! AMEN! Here is Hillsong Worship with "Your Word":


YOUR WORD
Before the earth knew its foundation

You spoke the dust into creation
Until the end when all has withered
Then still Your Word will endure forever

The lamp unto my feet

The light unto my path

Your Word will not be shaken

Your Word will never fail me
Like a fire in my bones
Like a whisper to my soul
Your Word is revelation

Deep calls to deep within Your presence
When I hear You speak my soul awakens
Your Spirit leads my heart to worship
As Your Word reveals the light of Jesus


Shalom in Him!