Monday, November 7, 2016

Shalom,

Psalm 128 from today's Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan, begins like this in verses 1:

Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) is everyone who fears, reveres, and worships the Lord, who walks in His ways and lives according to His commandments.

Now THAT is a wonderful promise of reward for obedience! The rest of this Psalm also contains BLESSINGS! 
For you shall eat [the fruit] of the labor of your hands; happy (blessed, fortunate, enviable) shall you be, and it shall be well with you.Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine in the innermost parts of your house; your children shall be like olive plants round about your table. Behold, thus shall the man be blessed who reverently and worshipfully fears the Lord. May the Lord bless you out of Zion [His sanctuary], and may you see the prosperity of Jerusalem all the days of your life;  Yes, may you see your children’s children. Peace be upon Israel!

ALL of these blessings belong to those who will fear, revere and worship the Lord, walking in HIS ways and obeying HIS Word! Notice what this does NOT say! It does NOT say that we should get the approval of people BEFORE we obey God! We are to put HIM as our #1 priority in every area of life! THEN will come the abundant life that is God's desire to give us (John 10:10 AMP). One of the  things that most often hinders born again believers in their walk of obedience is the 'fear of man'. They put WAY too much stock in what others say to them than they do what Holy Spirit is saying! The rewards cone with YOUR obedience! Nothing more and nothing less! Look at John 5:39:

39 You search and investigate and pore over the Scriptures diligently, because you suppose and trust that you have eternal life through them. And these [very Scriptures] testify about Me!

These people tried to learn, but their dependence on other people hindered their faith in God's Word! Look at verse 44:

44 How is it possible for you to believe [how can you learn to believe], you who [are content to seek and] receive praise and honor and glory from one another, and yet do not seek the praise and honor and glory which come from Him Who alone is God?

AMEN! Do YOU see ways to improve your own personal fellowship with the One, True, Most High, Living, Almighty God of the Bible? He WILL reveal this to you! Trust Him and then PURPOSE to do better! AMEN! Here is Hillsong Worship with "I Will Boast In Christ":

All I have because of Jesus
All this promise
Won for me
When He paid the highest ransom
Once for always
For my freedom

I will boast, in Christ alone
His righteousness
And not my own
I will cling to Christ my hope
His mercy reigns
Now and forever

Love will never lose its power
All my failures, could not erase
And now I walk within Your favour
Grace unending
My salvation

I will boast, in Christ alone
His righteousness
And not my own
I will cling to Christ my hope
His mercy reigns
Now and forever

What can wash away my sin?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus
What can make me whole again?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus

What can wash away my sin?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus
What can make me whole again?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus
Nothing but the blood of Jesus

I will boast, in Christ alone
His righteousness
And not my own
I will cling to Christ my hope
His mercy reigns
Now and forever

What can wash away my sin?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus
What can make me whole again?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus

O precious is the flow
That makes me white as snow
No other fount I know
Nothing but the blood of Jesus
Nothing but the blood of Jesus

Shalom in Him!