Thursday, May 8, 2014

Shalom,

Psalm 127:1-2 says this:

1 EXCEPT THE Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it; except the Lord keeps the city, the watchman wakes but in vain. It is vain for you to rise up early, to take rest late, to eat the bread of [anxious] toil--for He gives [blessings] to His beloved in sleep.

Now for those of you who are NOT early risers, this is NOT an endorsement for sleeping in late! What these verses are saying is that following our own plans in our own power is "vain". This is the Hebrew word "shav", and it means: uselessness; emptiness; nothingness; worthlessness; to no avail. We can put 24 hours a day, every day, into this and without HIM, it will all be for nothing! What WILL work? Look at Zechariah 4:6:

6 Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts. 
KJV

Is is when we are led in line with the Word of God, by the Spirit of God, that our efforts will accomplish anything! SO, stop trying so hard to MAKE things happen! If God has given you a vision, then commit that vision and purpose to Him in faith and set yourself to be like Paul in Philippians 3:10 and make it YOUR purpose to KNOW Him! Get to know Him through His Word and develop a close and intimate fellowship with Him! As you do, you will come to understand Him AND the power He has placed inside of you to accomplish all that He has called you to do! AND, about that sleeping in idea, look at Psalm 57:8-9 and Psalm 108:2-3 for TWO witnesses on this plan! 

8 Awake, my glory (my inner self); awake, harp and lyre! I will awake right early [I will awaken the dawn]! 
9 I will praise and give thanks to You, O Lord, among the peoples; I will sing praises to You among the nations. 
AMP

2 Awake, harp and lyre; I myself will wake very early — I will waken the dawn! 
3 I will praise and give thanks to You, O Lord, among the peoples; and I will sing praises unto You among the nations. 
AMP

BUT, in ALL things, be led by the Word of God and the Spirit of God! Here, to help you in your commitment to HIS plan, is Hillsong United with "Oceans: Where Feet May Fail":


Shalom in Him!