Sunday, May 4, 2014

Shalom,

In our Adult Bible Study at The Spoken Word Church today we began a new teaching called "Life".  We looked at two Greek words for life. Here is the first one, found in Matthew and Mark, referring to Jesus:

Matt 20:28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many. KJV

Mark 10:45 For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many. KJV

This "life" is the natural, human life. The Greek word is "psuche". Jesus set aside His deity when He came to the earth as a baby. He never stopped "being" God, He simply never ACTED as God when He was on earth. He operated as a Spirit filled, sinless man! He laid down His own natural, human life to die OUR death as the penalty for OUR sin! He gave up His "psuche" on our behalf, so that WE could have His "zoe"! This is the Greek word found in John 3:15-17:

15 In order that everyone who believes in Him [who cleaves to Him, trusts Him, and relies on Him] may not perish, but have eternal life and [actually] live forever! 16 For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life. 17 For God did not send the Son into the world in order to judge (to reject, to condemn, to pass sentence on) the world, but that the world might find salvation and be made safe and sound through Him. AMP

This "life" is the absolute fullness of life. This is the very force of life that God has within Himself! It is the life that makes God, God! AND, He gave this same life to US when we received Jesus as Lord and personal Savior! 1 John 5:11-13 tell us this:

11 And this is that testimony (that evidence): God gave us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who possesses the Son has that life; he who does not possess the Son of God does not have that life. 13 I write this to you who believe in (adhere to, trust in, and rely on) the name of the Son of God [in the peculiar services and blessings conferred by Him on men], so that you may know [with settled and absolute knowledge] that you [already] have life, yes, eternal life. AMP

Have YOU received Jesus Christ as YOUR Lord and personal Savior? If not, please visit our website through the link on the left to find out more! If you have, then you now possess this very force of God's life IN YOU! You also have THIS promise from John 10:10:

10 The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows). AMP

THAT is the plan that God has for you! Live your natural (psuche) life here on the earth in the power and ability of HIS (zoe) LIFE! You CAN! And you CAN enjoy every minute of it, too! AMEN! You WILL face tests and trial, but knowing that you have HIS ability in you will cause you to have the confidence that there is NOTHING that can keep you down or stop you from getting the victory in every situation! HALLELUJAH! Here is  Hillsong Young and Free with "Back To Life":

"Back To Life"
Here in my heart You have found Your place
Replacing fear with Your freedom
You lift me up
You lift me up

When all seems lost in my brokenness
I call Your Name and You answer
Held by Your love
Held by Your love

In the night
Through the struggle, through the trial
You have made my burden light
You have brought me back to life again

Your love it wipes every tear away
You calm the storms that surround me
You carry me
You carry me

Your light breaks through in my darkest hour
Your love is strong in my weakness
You are enough
You are enough

You won't let go
So I will follow
All I am
Yours now and forever
You won't let go
So I will follow
With all I am

In the night
Through the struggle, through the trial
You have made my burden light
You have brought me back to life again

You won't let go
So I will follow
All I am
Yours now and forever
You won't let go
So I will follow
With all I am
[x2]

In the night
Through the struggle, through the trial
You have made my burden light
You have brought me back to life again

Shalom in Him!