Friday, May 30, 2014

Shalom,

Today two things really stood out to me from our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan. The first is found in Psalm 149:4-5:

For the Lord takes pleasure in His people; He will beautify the humble with salvation and adorn the wretched with victory. Let the saints be joyful in the glory and beauty [which God confers upon them]; let them sing for joy upon their beds.

Actually, the entire Psalm is a call to praise the Lord, but these two verses show us that HE takes pleasure in US, and our praises! He has already blessed us abundantly, so let's show Him that we appreciate Him AND all that He has done! AMEN! The next important Truth I was meditating on today is found in John 9. Jesus was about to heal a blind man when His disciples asked Him this from verse 2:

His disciples asked Him, Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he should be born blind?

I LOVE the reply that Jesus gave, and YOU should, too! Jesus said this in verses 3-5:

Jesus answered, It was not that this man or his parents sinned, but he was born blind in order that the workings of God should be manifested (displayed and illustrated) in him. We must work the works of Him Who sent Me and be busy with His business while it is daylight; night is coming on, when no man can work. As long as I am in the world, I am the world's Light.

Notice that Jesus did NOT say that this man was born blind to "teach him something", or to "make him humble" or any of the other foolish, unscriptural and ungodly ideas that people come up with! Jesus said that the work of God is to be manifested in those who need healing, deliverance and help! He said WE must work the works of God while we still have time! He SAID that we are to be doing the same things that HE did in ministry, and even greater things! Look at John 14:12 from both the KJV and the Amplified Bible :

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believes on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. KJV

12 I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, if anyone steadfastly believes in Me, he will himself be able to do the things that I do; and he will do even greater things than these, because I go to the Father. AMP

Read the rest of the chapter to see how the healed man responds to the religious leaders who SHOULD have been doing what Jesus was doing! I LOVE the Word of God! It is so alive! Ii hope you do, too! Take time every day to meditate the Word (Joshua 1:8 AMP) and then YOU will be sharing the exciting Truths that YOU see! AMEN! Here is Hillsong with "Children of the Light",  because we ARE!


Shalom in Him!