Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Shalom,

Jerry Savelle does an excellent job of explaining OUR responsibility to walk in the joy that GOD has placed within us! 

The Force of Joy

Joy is a force that resides in your spirit. You may walk around all day long with a frown on your face, but that does not mean that joy is not in your spirit. It just means that you’ve suppressed it. You haven’t tapped into it.
Appropriating the joy of the Lord is a matter of choice, an act of the will. You can get up in the morning and will to be happy, or you can will to be unhappy. The choice is yours. In order to walk in the joy of the Lord, you will have to reach down into your spirit and tap into the source of strength that you need.
The devil cannot rob you of your joy unless you let him. He will try to deceive you so that you choose not to tap into the joy inside of you. Without the joy of the Lord you will become weak and easy to overcome.
Nehemiah 8:10 says, “For the joy of the Lord is your strength.”
Regardless of your frustrations and challenges, tap into the joy of the Lord today and choose to rejoice by faith. You will experience renewed strength.
Confession: I will not be deceived into letting go of my joy. The joy of the Lord is my strength and I choose to tap into that force of joy today. Regardless of how I feel, I choose to rejoice in the Lord.
AMEN! Galatians 5:22 tells us that we have received HIS joy IN us when we received the Holy Spirit at our New Birth!

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. KJV

HE put HIS joy inside of us, and it is up to us to stir up that joy and to let it be seen in us! James 1:2-3 instructs us to show forth this strength when we are in the midst of test and trials!

2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into divers temptations; 3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith works patience. KJV

Finally, 1 John 1:4 tells us that we stir up this force of joy into fullness through the Word of God!

4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. KJV

SO, get into the Word, stay filled with the Spirit, spend time in praise, thanksgiving and worship, and manifest HIS joy to the world that so desperately NEEDS it! AMEN! Here is Hillsong United with the acoustic version of "Up In Arms":

"Up In Arms"
A reckless love too wild to understand
Breathing the world to life in Your romance
So here I am
Your love has got me up in arms again
And this hope won't let me go

My joy is boundless
My soul knows its worth
In arms stretching wider
Than my heart could ever fall

You own the skies and still You want my heart
Casting Your throne aside to lift me up
So here I am
Your love has got me up in arms again
And this hope won't let me go

My joy is boundless
My soul knows its worth
In arms stretching wider
Than my heart could ever fall

Your word is final
Your name above all
The cross my reminder
Your love is forever
Cause here I am
Your love has got me up in arms again
And this hope won't let me go

My joy is boundless
My soul knows its worth
In arms stretching wider
Than my heart could ever fall

Your word is final
Your name above all
The cross my reminder
Your love is forever
Cause here I am
Your love has got me up in arms again
And this hope won't let me go
Here I am
Jesus take my life and all I have
Now this hope won't let me go

Shalom in Him!