Monday, May 5, 2014

Shalom,

We know from Acts 2 that there is an experience subsequent to the indwelling of the Holy Spirit at the New Birth. The disciples, who had received the indwelling of the Holy Spirit when they believed on the resurrected Jesus, were instructed by Jesus to go to Jerusalem and wait until they were "endued with power from on high" (Luke 24:49). We see in 1 Corinthians 13 today the Scripture that some believers mistakenly say proves that this is not for us today. Look at what 1 Corinthians 13: actually says:

 Love never fails [never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end]. As for prophecy, it will be fulfilled and pass away; as for tongues, they will be destroyed and cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For our knowledge is fragmentary (incomplete and imperfect), and our prophecy is fragmentary. 10 But when the complete and perfect (total) comes, the incomplete and imperfect will vanish away (become antiquated, void, and superseded).

Some say that the Word of God is the "perfect" and that now that we have Bibles, we no  longer need the gifts of the Spirit. All one has to do is to look at two different Bible commentaries to realize that though the Word of God is perfect, our understanding of it is NOT! Neither will it be until we see HIM face to face! Look at verse 12:

12 For now we are looking in a mirror that gives only a dim (blurred) reflection [of reality as in a riddle or enigma], but then [when perfection comes] we shall see in reality and face to face! Now I know in part (imperfectly), but then I shall know and understand fully and clearly, even in the same manner as I have been fully and clearly known and understood [by God].

When will THIS be? Look at 1 John 3:2:

2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it does not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. KJV

THAT is when we will no longer need to be filled with the Spirit, speak in other tongues and operate in the Gifts of the Spirit. Until then, THANK GOD that we have these precious gifts! If YOU have never received the infilling of the Holy Spirit, please visit our website through the link on the left and find out more! Contact us with any questions you may have and we will be every happy to assist you! For the rest, remember THIS instruction, and do so DAILY! Ephesians 5:18-19:

18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; 19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; KJV

AMEN! Here, to help you with that, is Hillsong Live  with "Love Like Fire":


I'm desperate for Your touch
A glimpse of heaven through the glory of Your son
In a moment You can turn a life around
Forever to be found in You

And I'm reaching out to find
There's nothing greater than the love that holds my life
Your grace and mercy that have saved me by Your blood
And swept away my shame, oh Lord

Your love is like a fire
That burns for all to see
My only desire
To worship at your feet

So let this fire consume my life
Let Your love take me deeper
Draw me closer to where You are
'Cause all I want is more of You

And I'm surrendered to Your love
Forever humbled by the message of the cross
I stand abandoned in Your presence and embrace
I'll never be the same, oh God

Your love is like a fire
That burns for all to see
My only desire
To worship at your feet

So let this fire consume my life
Let Your love take me deeper
Draw me closer to where You are
'Cause all I want is more of You

When You call I will follow
At the cross I surrender all
Jesus, I belong to You
I belong to You, Lord

Your love is like a fire
That burns for all to see
My only desire
To worship at your feet

Your love is like a fire
That burns for all to see
My only desire
To worship at your feet

So let this fire consume my life
Let Your love take me deeper
Draw me closer to where You are
'Cause all I want is more of You

When You call I will follow
At the cross I surrender all
Jesus, I belong to You

Let Your love take me deeper
Draw me closer to where You are
'Cause all I want is more of You

When You call I will follow
At the cross I surrender all
Jesus, I belong to You

Shalom in Him!