Sunday, February 16, 2014

Shalom,

We read about Moses and the burning bush in our Bible reading plan for today. This bush burned with fire but was not burned up! In case you thought that this was just an "appearance" of fire, the Hebrew words state that this was a flame and that, even though the bush was on fire, it was not consumed or destroyed by the fire! THAT sounds like God to me! AMEN! We are all familiar with Moses' argument that  should pick someone else! Moses even asked what He should say when people asked him what God's Name was. I LOVE this response from the One, True, Most High, Living, Almighty God of the Bible! He said this in verses 14-15:

14 And God said to Moses, I AM WHO I AM and WHAT I AM, and I WILL BE WHAT I WILL BE; and He said, You shall say this to the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you! 15 God said also to Moses, This shall you say to the Israelites: The Lord, the God of your fathers, of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob, has sent me to you! This is My name forever, and by this name I am to be remembered to all generations.

Notice that the Lord said
"this is My Name forever"! He is STILL "I AM"! He IS everything that the Word of God says that He is! Two very important Scriptures come to mind when I meditate on this! Look at John 14:6:

6 Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me. AMP

Jesus IS "I AM"! He IS God and He IS Man and He IS Who He says He is! He is also unchangeable! Look at Hebrews 13:8:

8 Jesus Christ (the Messiah) is [always] the same, yesterday, today, [yes] and forever (to the ages). AMP

Everything that Jesus ever promised that He would be or do for His people He WILL fulfill! WE will see the manifestation of it in our own lives when we do things HIS way! AMEN! Here is Hillsong United with "Yours Forever":

"Yours Forever"
[VERSE 1:]
Say His Name within the darkest hour
And see His light illuminate our path
The road is narrow but our gaze is set
On the love of Christ ‘til the very end

[VERSE 2:]
We walk in the truth that overcame our sin
Leaving our past and how we once had lived
Giving our lives to see
Your Name made known
‘Cause the love of Christ is what the world needs most

[PRE CHORUS:]
So Lord
Lead us in the ways of Your love
To lead a broken world to Your cross
Lead us in the ways of Your love

[CHORUS:]
We are Yours forever
Our lives won’t be the same
Yours forever our eyes won’t turn away
Yours forever

[VERSE 3:]
We sing Your praises ‘til our lungs give out
To the hope of the world
The One who gave us life
Giving our lives to see
Your Name made known
‘Cause the love of Christ is
What the world needs most

[CHORUS 2:]
We are Yours forever
Our lives won’t be the same
Yours forever our eyes won’t turn away
Yours forever our lives won’t be the same
Yours forever our eyes won’t turn away

[BRIDGE:]
We’re living in the One who gave
His life to see our sin erased
We know
We know
Our hope is never gonna fade away

Shalom in Him!