Saturday, February 8, 2014

Shalom,

Day 39 of Kenneth and Gloria Copeland's "Limitless Love" devotional begins with Ephesians 4:1-2:

4 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that you walk worthy of the vocation wherewith you are called, 2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; KJV

The words "lowliness" and "meekness" both actually mean humility, which involves an attitude towards God, first of all, that agrees that HE is right, ALWAYS! We submit, humbly, to HIS will, which is His Word (John 17:17)!This puts us in the position of being teachable before HIM! Settle for yourself that the Word of God is TRUTH and it has NO contradictions! If we THINK we've found one, we've simply uncovered an area of our ignorance of the Word! The cure for THAT is knowledge! Get some! "Longsuffering" is simply the necessary patience required to walk in faith and in love. Remember Galatians 6:7:

7 Do not be deceived and deluded and misled; God will not allow Himself to be sneered at (scorned, disdained, or mocked by mere pretensions or professions, or by His precepts being set aside.) [He inevitably deludes himself who attempts to delude God.] For whatever a man sows, that and that only is what he will reap. AMP

Sow the GOOD seeds of love and patience in others and it WILL return to you!! AMEN! I LOVE this ending to the devotional:

"None of us is perfect yet. Whether we see them or not, we all have our shortcomings that will trip us up at times and bring failure. How painful will that be? That depends, to a great degree, on how we've treated others. If we've been there for them, patiently loving and bearing with their faults, our mistakes will be softened and we'll be surrounded in our time of failure and need.

AMEN! Make that YOUR philosophy for YOUR life and you will be rewarded with untold favor and rewards from the One, True, Most High, Living Almighty of the Bible! AMEN! Here is Hillsong with "To Be Like You":

VERSE
Humble King
Holy One
Friend of sinners
God's own Son
God in flesh
Among men
You walked my road
You understand

Servant King
Friend to me
You saved my soul
Washed my feet
Here I'll bow
Give all to You
Lord I want
To be like You

CHORUS
All I want
All I need
More of You
Less of me
Take this life
Lord it's Yours
Have my heart
Have it all

VERSE
I will walk
In Your ways
Love Your word
Seek Your face
My reward
My sole pursuit
To know You more
To be like You

BRIDGE
Jesus Jesus
All I want is to be like You

Shalom in Him!