Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Shalom,

Today I want to share a small portion of "My Utmost For His Highest" by Oswald Chambers and something else from our SWC Bible Reading Plan for today! 

Our Misgivings About Jesus
The woman said to Him, ’Sir, You have nothing to draw [water] with, and the well is deep’ —John 4:11 ....
....   My misgivings arise from the fact that I search within to find how He will do what He says. My doubts spring from the depths of my own inferiority. If I detect these misgivings in myself, I should bring them into the light and confess them openly— “Lord, I have had misgivings about You. I have not believed in Your abilities, but only my own. And I have not believed in Your almighty power apart from my finite understanding of it.”

That IS the essence of a lack of faith! We measure what God has promised by what we can actually believe we can do ourselves! THIS is what Bible faith really is, from both the KJV and the Amplified BibleHebrews 11:1:

11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.  KJV

1 NOW FAITH is the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses]. AMP

Faith will rise up from the INSIDE of us with the assurance that "what He has promised, He is able also to perform" (Romans 4:21)! Where do we find that kind of faith? From the Word of God! Look at Romans 10:17:

17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. KJV

In order to develop the God kind of faith, that calls things that be not as though they were (Romans 4:17), and they BECOME, we MUST find what the Word of God promises for born again believers in every area of life! Feed on that Word by meditating on it day and night until it becomes so powerful IN you that it rises up OUT of your own mouth! THEN you will see the manifestation of what God can do! AMEN! When you do this, you will learn that God IS 100% able to do anything we need and He is even more willing than He is able! He desires for us to walk in all of the promises of the Covenant we have with Him! This is the Covenant that KNOWS that the Greater One lives IN us (1 John 4:4), and this Greater One came for THIS purpose:

John 10:10 The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows). AMP

THIS attitude, from Psalm 57:5, 7-8, will help you to get in position to develop this type of faith!


 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens! Let Your glory be over all the earth! My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is steadfast and confident! I will sing and make melody. Awake, my glory (my inner self); awake, harp and lyre! I will awake right early [I will awaken the dawn]!

 AMEN! Let's DO IT! Here, to encourage you in this, is an older song from Hillsong, called "Faith":



Shalom in Him!