Sunday, February 9, 2014

Shalom,

Do YOU desire to please God? I believe you do! In our Bible Reading Plan for today we read Psalm 40. Verse 6 tells us what does NOT please Him!

Sacrifice and offering You do not desire, nor have You delight in them; You have given me the capacity to hear and obey [Your law, a more valuable service than] burnt offerings and sin offerings [which] You do not require.

This verse actually tells BOTH what does NOT please God and what DOES please Him! Look at 1 Samuel 15:22:

22 Samuel said, Has the Lord as great a delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams. AMP

 I really like that HE has "given me the capacity to hear and obey", from verse 6 above! That means that He isn't just telling us what He wants us to do, but He has already cause us to be able to do it! What a GREAT God we serve! AMEN! MY response is this, from Psalm 40:8-10:

 I delight to do Your will, O my God; yes, Your law is within my heart. I have proclaimed glad tidings of righteousness in the great assembly [tidings of uprightness and right standing with God]. Behold, I have not restrained my lips, as You know, O Lord. 10 I have not concealed Your righteousness within my heart; I have proclaimed Your faithfulness and Your salvation. I have not hid away Your steadfast love and Your truth from the great assembly.

I hope that this is YOUR response, too! Tell of all His wonderful works and great blessings to you so that others can hear and seek Him, too! AMEN! Here is Hillsong with "All Of My Days":


Shalom in Him!