Thursday, December 5, 2013

Shalom,

In our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan for today we read this in Proverbs 6:4-11:


Give not [unnecessary] sleep to your eyes, nor slumber to your eyelids; Deliver yourself, as a roe or gazelle from the hand of the hunter, and as a bird from the hand of the fowler. Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider her ways and be wise!-- Which, having no chief, overseer, or ruler, Provides her food in the summer and gathers her supplies in the harvest. How long will you sleep, O sluggard? When will you arise out of your sleep? 10 Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to lie down and sleep-- 11 So will your poverty come like a robber or one who travels [with slowly but surely approaching steps] and your want like an armed man [making you helpless].

One of the wonderful attributes of the Word of God is how very balanced it is, IF we spend time in the Word on a daily basis and meditate on everything we read! Just an occasional reading could lead a person to believe something completely contrary to what the Word is actually saying! The Scriptures above COULD have some believing that we should work continually and get very little sleep! Some do this and then pay for it with their health! Notice that the very first verse, from the Amplified Bible, warns against "unnecessary" sleep! The understanding comes more easily when we also add THIS from Psalm 127:1-2:

127 Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman wakes but in vain. 2 It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he gives his beloved sleep. KJV

I also like this one from the Amplified Bible:

1 EXCEPT THE Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it; except the Lord keeps the city, the watchman wakes but in vain.  [Ps 121:1,3,5.] 2 It is vain for you to rise up early, to take rest late, to eat the bread of [anxious] toil — for He gives [blessings] to His beloved in sleep. AMP

Not only does God give us sweet sleep, He also give TO US while we sleep! How? Have you ever had dreams that directly addressed concerns you've had? Have you ever awakened to find that the answer you've been searching for is right there? It is time to remind ourselves that EVERYTHING in this life is covered under this verse in Zechariah 4:6:

6 Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts. KJV

It IS the Spirit of God Who leads, guides and directs us according to the Word of God! Spend more time meditating on what the Word of God says than you do on the "facts" of your problems! Don't be lazy, be diligent in the things of God! What the Holy Spirit tells you to do, do it right away and leave the rest to Him! AMEN! Cast your care on HIM and then be filled with His Spirit, filled with Joy and full to overflowing with His Love! Answers WILL come and you WILL begin to see some "immediatelies" and "suddenlies"! Here is Hillsong with "Everyday":


"Everyday"
What to say, Lord? It's
You who gave me life and I
Can't explain just how
Much You mean to me now
That You have saved me, Lord
I give all that I am to You
That everyday I could
Be a light that shines Your name

Everyday, Lord, I'll
Learn to stand upon Your word
And I pray that I
I might come to know You more
That You would guide me in every single step I take, that
Everyday I can
Be Your light unto the world

Everyday, it's You I live for
Everyday, I'll follow after You
Everyday, I'll walk with You, my Lord

Everyday, Lord, I'll
Learn to stand upon Your word
And I pray that I
I might come to know You more
That You would guide me in every single step I take, that
Everyday I can
Be Your light unto the world

Everyday, it's You I live for
Everyday, I'll follow after You
Everyday, I'll walk with You, my Lord

It's You I live for, everyday
It's You I live for, everyday
It's You I live for, everyday
It's You I live for, everyday

Everyday, it's You I live for
Everyday, I'll follow after You
Everyday, I'll walk with You, my Lord

Everyday, it's You I live for
Everyday, I'll follow after You
Everyday, I'll walk with You, my Lord

Shalom in Him!