Saturday, December 28, 2013

Shalom,

We begin Philippians again today! This is one of my favorite books of the Bible! Look at verse 6:

And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you.

Who is the HE referred to here? It IS the Spirit of God Who recreated your dead human spirit at the moment of your New Birth (when you received Jesus as Lord and personal Saviour). He made you a new creation that never existed, in YOUR life, before that point in time (2 Corinthians 5:17)! HE began to work in you, will continue to work in you and WILL bring this work to a successful conclusion IF we don't give up and quit! Another portion I like is found in verses 23-26:


23 But I am hard pressed between the two. My yearning desire is to depart (to be free of this world, to set forth) and be with Christ, for that is far, far better 24 But to remain in my body is more needful and essential for your sake 25 Since I am convinced of this, I know that I shall remain and stay by you all, to promote your progress and joy in believing,26 So that in me you may have abundant cause for exultation and glorying in Christ Jesus, through my coming to you again.

WE decide how long we will live on this earth by our daily choices! Paul knew beyond any doubt that Heaven was real and a FAR better place to be! He also knew that God had called Him and anointed Him for a particular ministry and if he left this life early, someone would have to fill in the gap for him! Make it YOUR determined purpose to fulfill ALL of the years of your life! The choice is YOURS! Choose wisely! AMEN! Here is Hillsong with "A I Need Is You":


Shalom in Him!