Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Shalom,

Galatians 2:20 from our Bible Reading Plan for today:

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. KJV

I'm sure that you are familiar with this verse! My question is: do you REALLY believe it? Paul was addressing the opinion of some believers who were trying to add obedience to the Law, and following Jewish traditions, to the requirements for born again Gentile believers. Acts 2:21 says this:

21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. KJV

Romans 10:9-10 says this:

9 That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. KJV

The ONLY required step for becoming part of the family of God is to believe and to receive! Look at Galatians 2:20-21 from the Amplified Bible:

20 I have been crucified with Christ [in Him I have shared His crucifixion]; it is no longer I who live, but Christ (the Messiah) lives in me; and the life I now live in the body I live by faith in (by adherence to and reliance on and complete trust in) the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself up for me. 21 [Therefore, I do not treat God's gracious gift as something of minor importance and defeat its very purpose]; I do not set aside and invalidate and frustrate and nullify the grace (unmerited favor) of God. For if justification (righteousness, acquittal from guilt) comes through [observing the ritual of] the Law, then Christ (the Messiah) died groundlessly and to no purpose and in vain. [His death was then wholly superfluous.]

Don't treat this precious and priceless gift of Grace lightly! Our "works", once we are born again, are to how HIM off! We are here to bear witness to the Truth of the Gospel and to give HIM something to confirm with signs, wonders and miracles! Mark 16:20:

20 And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord kept working with them and confirming the message by the attesting signs and miracles that closely accompanied [it]. Amen (so be it). AMP

Our obedience under the New and better Covenant (Hebrews 8:6) brings blessings in THIS life and rewards in the life to come! They do NOT, however, get anyone an entrance into the Heaven of the Bible! Jesus paid the required price for sin, for all people, for all time! Every sin is obliterated by His blood EXCEPT the sin of rejecting Him! WHEN you sin, as a believer, RUN to 1 John 1:9 and receive your forgiveness so that you can carry on in His calling on your life! AMEN! Here is Hillsong with a celebrating Christmas song called "We Have A Saviour":


Shalom in Him!