Monday, December 2, 2013

Shalom,

I absolutely LOVE the message in today's devotional from Jerry Savelle's website:

Face The Problem

God doesn’t want you to run away from any situation in defeat. Victory is always God’s plan. Running away from problems and troubles—that’s society’s mentality. Just get in the car and go. “Oh, if I could just leave this place. If I could just get out of here.”
The psalmist David new this feeling when he said, “My heart is severely pained within me, and the terrors of death have fallen upon me. I said, “Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest” (Psalm 55:4,6).
When we’re in misery and we’re troubled, we can’t continue looking for the easy way out. Running from the problem’s that cause those feelings won’t do any good. If you avoid dealing with an issue now, you will only have to stand and face it later. People often quit their job because of someone they work with, only to end up working with someone worse at their next job.
God wants you to learn to face problems and overcome them by applying His Word. He wants you to learn to work with unpleasant co-workers by overcoming evil with good. When they blame you for something you didn’t do, you bless them and help them. Being a doer of the Word is not always easy, but it always works!
Later in Psalm 55, David changes his speech when he says, “As for me, I will call upon God, and the Lord shall save me.” God doesn’t want you to leave any situation in defeat. If it is God’s time to move you on, He won’t use negative circumstances to lead you.
Instead of running from the problem, decide to use the problem as a tool to deal with the character issue that you need to deal with! Face the problem, overcome it and move on.
Confession: I choose to face problems and apply the Word of God to overcome them.
AMEN! The Word of God has THIS to say about us in Romans 8:35-39:

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. KJV

YOU can be more than a conqueror IF you will put the Word of God as your #1 priority and stand on it in faith that what God has promised, He is able also to perform (Romans 4:21) AND that He is even more willing than He is able! I LOVE this picture that I found on Instagram today:


AMEN! Here is Hillsong Live with "You'll Never Fail":


Shalom in Him!