Monday, March 9, 2015

Shalom,

Yesterday was called "International Women's Day". I didn't even realize that there was such a day! As a woman in ministry, I have come to realize over the years that there are certain believers who think that women were not meant to preach the Gospel. I am very blessed to have men in my life, including ALL of the men in our church, who have never fallen for that misrepresentation of the Word of God! I am NOT going to get into that whole subject, but this "day" of focusing on women made me realize that I am SO blessed to be free to do what GOD has called me to do, EVERYDAY! I DO want to share THIS, though, from today's Bible Reading Plan! Psalm 68:11:

11 The Lord gives the word [of power]; the women who bear and publish [the news] are a great host.

If YOU are a woman in ministry, I am sure that HE has already made this verse known to you. I am grateful that God Himself doesn't agree with those who would tell us otherwise! Remember also that the very first person to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ was Mary! She was sent to tell the brethren that He was ALIVE (Matthew 28:10 and John 20:17)! The Word of God is filled with instances where Jesus showed HIS love and respect for women, such as when He said that Mary chose the BETTER thing (the Word - Luke 10:42) and the widow woman in Mark 12 today that gave all that she had! Refuse to be moved from what you KNOW that God has called, and IS calling, you to do! Live to please HIM and HE will cause even your enemies to be at peace with you (Proverbs 16:7)! AMEN!  Here, to encourage you, is a WOMAN singing a very beautiful and very powerful song of praise, thanksgiving and worship! Darlene Zschech and Hillsong with an older song called "I Live To Know You":


Shalom in Him!