Monday, March 23, 2015

Shalom,

We are reading Romans 10 in the Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan for today. Look at verses 1-3:
10 Brethren, [with all] my heart’s desire and goodwill for [Israel], I long and pray to God that they may be saved. I bear them witness that they have a [certain] zeal and enthusiasm for God, but it is not enlightened and according to [correct and vital] knowledge. For being ignorant of the righteousness that God ascribes [which makes one acceptable to Him in word, thought, and deed] and seeking to establish a righteousness (a means of salvation) of their own, they did not obey or submit themselves to God’s righteousness.

Paul spoke this of the Jewish people of Israel, his own. The very same thing can be said of many "religious" people today who, though they SAY that they believe in Jesus, have never received Him as their very own Lord and personal Savior. It is NOT enough to just "believe"! Jesus said this about that in James 2:19:

19 You believe that there is one God; you do well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

No, we CANNOT come up with our own way for salvation! The One, True, Most High, Living, Almighty God of the Bible has planned for our salvation from before the creation of the universe! He KNEW what would happen, and He prepared and provided the ANSWER for it! HALLELUJAH! So, there IS no other "WAY" but Jesus! John 14:6:

Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me.

Romans 10:9-10 give us the "how to"!
Because if you acknowledge and confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and in your heart believe (adhere to, trust in, and rely on the truth) that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart a person believes (adheres to, trusts in, and relies on Christ) and so is justified (declared righteous, acceptable to God), and with the mouth he confesses (declares openly and speaks out freely his faith) and confirms [his] salvation.

If you BELIEVE, then NOW is the time to receive (2 Corinthians 6:2)! Pray this prayer with me now:

Almighty God, I am a sinner. I believe that Jesus Christ came to this earth, died on the cross for me, was raised from the dead, and is now seated at Your right hand. I accept and receive Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour and I invite Him to come into my heart and become Lord over my life. I thank You now Father, for welcoming me into Your family. You are my Father. I am Your child. Jesus is my Lord! Amen.

Amen! Welcome to the FAMILY! Now let us help you find a local church like The Spoken Word Church in YOUR area by contacting us through the link on the left. You will be able to grow and join us in proclaiming the Good News all over the world! Here, to encourage you, is Hillsong with "Tell The World":


Shalom in Him!