Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Shalom,

Romans 12:1 says this in the Amplified Bible:

12 I appeal to you therefore, brethren, and beg of you in view of [all] the mercies of God, to make a decisive dedication of your bodies [presenting all your members and faculties] as a living sacrifice, holy (devoted, consecrated) and well pleasing to God, which is your reasonable (rational, intelligent) service and spiritual worship.

Our usual idea of worship to the Lord includes speaking, singing, lifting our hands and dancing before Him. The verse above tells us what worship the God of the Bible is seeking most! My favorite Scripture is Philippians 3:10 from the Amplified Bible where Paul speaks of making it his "determined purpose" to KNOW Jesus more, and at the same time know and understand the power we are meant to walk in as Blood Covenant partners with HIM, and members of HIS family! I desire this, too, BUT, I must continually assess my motives for desiring to doing so! I ask myself: "Do I want what God wants, for the same reason HE wants it?" (Thank you, Jerry O'Dell!) If the answer is yes, then I know that my motives remain pure and true AND that I will NOT fail! There are three verses found in the Bible that will gauge if we really have right motives. IF we can say these to HIM from our own hearts, then we cannot fail! They are these:

Isaiah 6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me. KJV

Luke 1:38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her. KJV

Luke 22:42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. KJV

THIS is why we must spend time in His presence every day through prayer, praise & worship, study and meditation of His Word, and in intimate fellowship with Him. There is NO other way to maintain right attitudes and motives! A diligent and daily commitment to do this will result in us becoming, progressively, more and more like Jesus! We will be "growing up into Him in all things" (Ephesians 4:15)! AMEN! We read Psalm 84 also today in our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan, and this song, an older one by Hillsong, goes right along with that AND is a great way to keep those motives right! (This DVD is blocked in the U. S. for some reason, so I am posting the Hillsong Kids version!)



Shalom in Him!