Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Shalom,

Look at Psalm 27:4:

One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple.

David, who lived under the Old Covenant, had this deep desire within him! HE had to go to a physical place in order to be in the house of the Lord! He and other believers would yearn to be in the presence of the Lord. After the Temple was built, believers in the One, True God would travel from where they lived to Jerusalem to be near His presence in the Holy of Holies! We who have received Jesus as Lord and personal Savior have received the Spirit of the Lord to live inside of us and have only to get alone with Him to be in His presence! Any time, all day long! We are, of all people who have ever lived, MOST BLESSED! Look at
verse 4 in the Amplified Bible:

One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek, inquire for, and [insistently] require: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord [in His presence] all the days of my life, to behold and gaze upon the beauty [the sweet attractiveness and the delightful loveliness] of the Lord and to meditate, consider, and inquire in His temple.

How amazing is it that some, in this most blessed of all times to be alive, ignore that close presence of the One, True, Most High, Living, Almighty God of the Bible and spend no time with Him at all? I am making it my determined purpose to spend MORE time than ever before "inquiring" of Him in His presence! HE is the only person we know that has ALL the answers to every situation! Why would we ever look anywhere else? It takes diligence and commitment to do this, but it DOES become our nature when we do! Are you ready? Let's GO! Here is Hillsong with "One Thing":


Shalom in Him!