Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Shalom,


When Jesus was speaking to the churches in Revelation, He said this of the Church at Ephesus in Revelation 2:4:

 4 But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first. KJV

But I have this [one charge to make] against you: that you have left (abandoned) the love that you had at first [you have deserted Me, your first love]. AMP

I thought of this today as I was reading this from "My Utmost For His Highest" by Oswald Chambers:

God is saying to His people – You are not in love with Me now, but I remember the time when you were – "I remember . . . the love of thine espousals." (Jeremiah 2:2) Am I as full of the extravagance of love to Jesus Christ as I was in the beginning, when I went out of my way to prove my devotion to Him? Does He find me recalling the time when I did not care for anything but Himself? Am I there now, or have I become wise over loving Him? Am I so in love with Him that I take no account of where I go? or am I watching for the respect due to me; weighing how much service I ought to give?
If, as I recall what God remembers about me, I find He is not what He used to be to me, let it produce shame and humiliation, because that shame will bring the godly sorrow that works repentance (2 Corinthians 7:10).

Have YOU left your "first love"? Have the cares of this life and responsibilities of job, family and other things crowded out your time with HIM? If so, simply repent (change your thinking to agree with God), confess (1 John 1:9) and make it your determined purpose top love HIM first and most! When we do that, His love will overflow in our lives and everyone in our lives will be blessed beyond measure and SO glad that you did! AMEN! Here , to inspire you in this, is Kari Jobe with "Revelation Song":



Shalom in Him!