Sunday, January 18, 2015

Shalom,

I really like this from Jerry Savelle's devotional for today!

“You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.” (Isaiah 26:3).
You will notice that God has given us a promise, but we must meet His condition. The promise is: He will keep you in perfect peace. The condition is, if your mind is stayed on Him. The mind plays a vital part in you walking in perfect peace no matter your circumstances. I’m not talking about mind power. I am talking about the power of God’s Word working in a faith-filled heart and a renewed mind.
As you renew your mind to God’s Word and fill your heart with faith, you will begin to approach every situation in your life without worry or fear.
“And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well” (Luke 12:29 & 31, NIV).
Your mind can not be full of negative voices, worry, or fear when you keep your mind on God. It is a choice you have to make, regardless of your feelings. Put God first place in all you do and think and you will walk in perfect peace.
Confession: I will keep my mind on God and full of His Word. I refuse to allow worry or fear to be a part of my life. I trust You Lord and follow after You above anything else.
Isaiah 26:3 (above) says that GOD will "keep" this person in perfect peace! This is the Hebrew word "natsar", which means: to guard, to preserve, to watch over. "Perfect peace" is the Hebrew word "shalowm", which means: completeness, soundness, welfare, safety, soundness, health, prosperity, tranquility and contentment. THIS is what the God of the Bible will do for those who will keep their mind on HIM! Make it your determined purpose to cast every care as soon as it raises its head! Refuse care, worry, fear or any other negative thought or emotion because they do NOT come from the God of the Bible! Instead, replace those thoughts with what the Word of God says about every situation you face and YOU will experience HIS perfect SHALOM! AMEN! Here is a powerful song by Darlene Zschech, Israel Houghton and Kari Jobe called "Victor's Crown":

You are always fighting for us
Heaven's angels all around
My delight is found in knowing
That You wear the Victor's crown
You're my help and my defender
You're my Saviour and my friend
By Your grace I live and breathe
To worship You

At the mention of Your greatness
In Your Name I will bow down
In Your presence fear is silent
For You wear the Victor's crown
Let Your glory fill this temple
Let Your power overflow
By Your grace I live and breathe
To worship You

Hallelujah
You have overcome
You have overcome
Hallelujah
Jesus You have overcome the world

You are ever interceding
As the lost become the found
You can never be defeated
For You wear the Victor's crown
You are Jesus the Messiah
You're the Hope of all the world
By Your grace I live and breathe
To worship You

Every high thing must come down
Every stronghold shall be broken
You wear the Victor's crown
You overcome
You overcome

At the cross the work was finished
You were buried in the ground
But the grave could not contain You
For You wear the Victor's crown

Shalom in Him!