Friday, June 8, 2018

Shalom,

I love using different translations of the Bible in my private study time. Not all are completely accurate, but there is something to be learned by using these! We read Proverbs 18 in today's Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan and I REALLY like The Passion Translation for this! Let's look at verses 1-9:

Can’t you hear the voice of Wisdom?  From the top of the mountains of influence
  she speaks into the gateways of the glorious city. At the place where pathways merge,
  at the entrance of every portal, there she stands, ready to impart understanding,
  shouting aloud to all who enter, preaching her sermon to those who will listen.
“I’m calling to you, sons of Adam, yes, and to you daughters as well.
Listen to me and you will be prudent and wise. For even the foolish and feeble can receive an understanding heart that will change their inner being.
The meaning of my words will release within you revelation for you to reign in life.
 My lyrics will empower you to live by what is right.
For everything I say is unquestionably true, and I refuse to endure the lies of lawlessness—
 my words will never lead you astray.
All the declarations of my mouth can be trusted; they contain no twisted logic or perversion of the truth.
All my words are clear and straightforward to everyone who possesses spiritual understanding.
 If you have an open mind, you will receive revelation-knowledge.


This is showing me that Wisdom is NOT hiding in some dark corner! God has His Wisdom calling out to each of us, but WE have to come forward seeking searching for Wisdom in order to have it! There is a clear difference between the nonsense of the world and the WIsdom of Almighty God! When people see the fruits of Wisdom in a believer's life, they are inclined to want to know more! THAT is when we must be ever ready to give an answer! Of particular importance is the last line. An open mind to the Word of God can only be found in born again believers. 1 Corinthians 2:14 tells us this:

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Only Holy Spirit, Who live IN every believer, can cause the understanding of the Word to come! BUT, those believers MUST have a mind that is open to Him and desiring the TRUTH! Now let's look at this wonderful promise from Proverbs 18:33-35 of The Passion Translation:

33 Listen to my counsel,  for my instruction will enlighten you.
You’ll be wise not to ignore it.
34 If you wait at wisdom’s doorway,  longing to hear a word for every day,

 joy will break forth within you as you listen for what I’ll say.
35 For the fountain of life pours into you every time that you find me, and this is the secret of growing in the delight and the favor of the Lord.


AMEN! It is SO worth every effort we can make to spend time in HIS presence every day, diving into the WORD! I hope that YOU will make this YOUR determined purpose for the rest of this year, and forever! Here is Hillsong with "Greatest of These":


Shalom in Him!