Saturday, June 27, 2020

Shalom,

I have shared before that John is my favorite Gospel and Philippians and 1 John are my favorite Epistles. Today we have Philippians 4 in our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan and I am going to simply share a few of my favorite verses! Verse 4:

Rejoice in the Lord always [delight, gladden yourselves in Him]; again I say, Rejoice!

I look at the command to re-joice as meaning to stir up the joy that is IN me as a fruit of the Spirit. I may not always FEEL the joy, but when I commit to stir it up, the joy just overflows! YOU should do so, too! Then verses 6-7 are vital for walking in God's great peace!
Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God. And God’s peace [shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

AMEN! God's peace will flow FROM us in ther midst of chaos and turmoil when we refuse to fret and CHOOSE to 'rejoice'! The WAY we do this is foundn in verse 8!

8 For the rest, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is worthy of reverence and is honorable and seemly, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely and lovable, whatever is kind and winsome and gracious, if there is any virtue and excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think on and weigh and take account of these things [fix your minds on them].

What we CHOOSE to think about, fixing our minds on, WILL BE what affects the outcome! When we choose the good and godly TRUTH of God's Word over the situations and circumstances of the world, then we WILL have peace, joy and a clear mind! Because verse 13 tells us that we CAN DO anything!

13 I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency].

AMEN! We do NOT have to do anything in this life in our own strength! WE HAVE HIS! And then, when we follow God's financial guidelines by tithing and giving, then we have verse 19 that we can count on! ALWAYS!

19 And my God will liberally supply (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

This promise was given to those who were supporting the GOSPEL! GO THOU AND DO LIKEWISE and this PROMISE is YOURS! AMEN! We will wrap this blog up today by remembering that we ARE who HE says that we are! And we'll do so with a little help from Hillsong Worship



Shalom in Him!