Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Shalom,

Today's "Faith Food" devotional by Kenneth E. Hagin has what may be THE most important message every born again believer MUST know in order to walk confidently in the Word of God!

Three Dimensions Of Man

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.  1 THESSALONIANS 5:23

It will help your spiritual growth immeasurably to know the difference between your spirit and your soul.

Many people believe that “spirit” and “soul” are the same thing. Even preachers believe this! They preach about the soul as if it were the spirit.

But they can’t be the same thing. It would be just as scriptural to say that the body and the soul are the same, as it would be to say that the spirit and the soul are the same. But Hebrews 4:12 says that by the Word of God, soul and spirit can be divided.

To help you understand the three dimensions of man, go through this
process of elimination:

(1) With my body I contact the physical realm.
(2) With my spirit I contact the spiritual realm.
(3) With my soul I contact the intellectual and emotional realms.

Man is a spirit. The spirit is the part of man that knows God. Man possesses a soul — the intellect, the sensibilities, the will. And man lives in a body.


Confession: I am a son of God. I am a child of God. With my spirit I contact my Father in the spiritual realm.

Just as our GOD is a Triune being (Father, Son Holy Spirit), so WE are each a truine being, also! We ARE spirit beings! We HAVE souls (mind, emotions and will). We live, while here on earth, in a physical body! KNOWING this will save us hours of frustration as the enemy tries to trip us up in sin, and then hammer at us for missing it, acting as though we would be in danger of hell, instead of being Heaven bound! Meditate on these TRUTHS until they are so strong inside of you that you will NEVER be able to doubt GOD and His Word again! AMEN! Here is Hillsong with "Awake My Soul":


Shalom in Him!