Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Shalom,

Today's Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan contains great timely instruction for us! Proverbs 3:1-2:
 1 My son, forget not my law or teaching, but let your heart keep my commandment. For length of days and years of a life [worth living] and tranquility [inward and outward and continuing through old age till death], these shall they add to you.

In verse 1 the word "let" means WE have the choice here! I must take charge of myself and allow my heart to keep, or be a DOER of, the Word of God! My 'heart' is the combination of my born again spirit, which is perfect, without sin, in the image of God, and my soul, which consists of my mind, my emotions and my will! My spirit ALWAYS desires to do things God's way! My soul must be renewed by meditating on the Word of God every day so that I have the understanding of His instructions and then can DO them! It is ALWAYS in my best interest to be a DOER of GOd's Word! Verse 2 tells me why! Length of days give me the ability to get a lot done each day and years of life allows me to fulfill MY RACE! HALLELUJAH! Then verses 3-6 show us what to do in times such as the ones we are now living in!
Let not mercy and kindness [shutting out all hatred and selfishness] and truth [shutting out all deliberate hypocrisy or falsehood] forsake you; bind them about your neck, write them upon the tablet of your heart. So shall you find favor, good understanding, and high esteem in the sight [or judgment] of God and man. Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths.

The world around us looks like chaos right now, but THIS is ther very BEST time for God's people, who are called by HIS Name, TO SHINE! When we operate in faith and love, the world will take notice that there is DEFINITELY something different about us! We WILL walk in the great FAVOR of Almighty God, even when many around us are faltering and failing! Remember that 1 Corinthians 13:8 tells us that LOVE NEVER FAILS! LOVE does NOT mean that we agree with everyone or tell them that trhey are right when they are NOT. LOVE is seeing each person as precious and valuable to GOD, because they are! Even in the midst of doing evrything wrong, JESUS died for them, too! Acknowledge God's WAYS and His WORD in every decision that you make and in every step that you take. THEN you will walk in great success! Continue reading and meditating through the rest of this Proverb and the readings in both John and 1 Chronicles and you will find that there is great Wisdom growing in you! God's Word is like that! Here is Hillsong again with one of my favorite new songs! "See The Light":


Shalom in Him!