Friday, February 2, 2018

Shalom,

Kenneth E. Hagin's "Faith Food" devotional for today is another vital step for the born again believer to make if they want to get free and stay free! Remember that John 8:31-32 says this:
31 So Jesus said to those Jews who had believed in Him, If you abide in My word [hold fast to My teachings and live in accordance with them], you are truly My disciples. 32 And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free.

KNOWING the Truth is NOT a matter of simply reading the Word of God. KNOWING comes from studying (2 Timothy 2:15), meditating (Joshua 1:8 AMP) and then doing (James 1:22) the Word! Faith Food for today gives us another Scripture that we must DO, or OBEY, in order to walk free! 

Casting

"Casting all your care upon him; for he cares for you" (1 Peter 5:7). 

"Casting the whole of your care, all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully" (1 Peter 5:7 AMP).

Some people seem to take comfort in thinking that God knows and He understands, while they continue to hold on to their cares. And they never get free from them. 

It's not enough to know that God understands and cares. If you want to be free from your cares, you must do what God said to do about them: You must cast all of your cares, all of your concerns, all of your anxieties, and all of your worries upon the Lord, because He cares for you. 
This isn't something you do every day. It's a once-and-for-all proposition that enables you to get rid of your cares - it puts them over into God's hands. 
I've done that. God has my cares. He's figured it all out, and He's working it all out. And I'm shouting while He's doing it! God is doing the work, and I'm shouting.
Confession: I cast the whole of my care - all my anxieties, all my worries, all my concerns, once and for all on God. 
WHEN we do this, THEN we will be in position for HIM to take that care and deal with those situations! Brother Hagin said that this is a once and for all obedience, but if YOU are prone to cast them,, and then try to take them back, you may have to renew your casting as often as is necessary to seriously LEAVE them there! AMEN! Here is Hillsong with "Grace To Grace":



Shalom in Him!