Saturday, February 10, 2018

Shalom,

I love to share insights from our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan on this blog. It seems that I learn something new every time through! There are other days, however, when one of the devotionals that I read has a message that is so current and vital that I am led to share it right away. Other times, like today, one of the devotional segments says something in a little different or unique way that I believe will be of help to some who may not have really grasped the truth of it yet! Today I am sharing Joseph Prince's "Grace Inspirations". I encourage you to make use of these devotionals in your own personal, daily study! It will enrich your Bible Study immensely! Here is today's message:


THE POWER OF YOUR WORDS

Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.

Most people, when they desperately want something, will say things like, “I am dying for that piece of cake!” Few will say, “I am living for that piece of cake!”

What is worse is that we are quick to mention death when things go wrong. We Singaporeans are quick to say things like, “Die lah! Die lah!” at the drop of a hat. Nobody says, “Live lah! Live lah!”

Yet, the truth is that every word you speak has power — to build or destroy hopes and dreams, to restore or cause loss, to heal or break the spirit, to bring delight or despair, to bless or curse — for God’s Word says that death and life are in the power of the tongue.

So stop lining your words up with the negative circumstances. Instead, start lining your words up with God’s Word and release the power of His Word to work for you.

For example, instead of speaking lack and poverty, say, “God’s Word tells me that the good things are already here. I therefore pronounce my life blessed. I pronounce my life successful. I pronounce my life great. Darkness and gloom, poverty and sickness, defeat and depression, will not be in my life!”

Instead of speaking sickness and death, say, “I will live long. I will not die young. Jesus died young for me so that I can live long for Him. I am the righteousness of God in Christ and God’s Word declares that no evil befalls the righteous. So no evil will come on me now and in the future!”

Instead of speaking fear over your children, say, “God’s Word declares that the seed of the righteous shall be delivered. Therefore, my children are delivered from every curse, every power of darkness and every evil. In the name of Jesus, I call forth a great, bright and blessed future for my children!”

God wants you to have a life filled with good days and an abundance of every good thing. So say, “In the name of Jesus, I command blessings, favor, health, provision, protection, dominion and power to fill my life!”

AMEN! The Word of God says that we have to be satisfied with the results of the words of our own mouths (Proverbs 18:20)! It also promises that when God's Word is in us in abundance, and we obey that Word, that WE can ask what WE will, and it WILL be given to us (John 15:7)! So, let's get the Word and the promises in it, into our hearts in abundance! Meditate on that Word until it becomes SO real inside of you that doubt finds no place! THEN speak what YOU want, and HE will see to it that it comes! AMEN! Here is Hillsong with "Say The Word":



Shalom in Him!